Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find data on the QP's head room, knee room, hip room etc.. on the computer and the closest dealer is over 90 miles away. I will get in to drive one of these beautiful machines sometime soon, but I am curious what to expect inside. I drive a 740i now and the size is perfect. It's not an airplane hangar in the back like the Li or the A8. It is simply - enough room. I noticed the rear seats in the QP look very deep which would seem to equate to the rear passenger requiring less knee room (?). Is the driver's environment at all cramped?

Thanks for any input.

My curiousity is mounting...

DRP
220lbs. 6'6"

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i would say the interior room is just slightly wider and longer than a E60 5 series. the trunk is about the size of a 3 series :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies

I failed to mention my 7 is a short wheelbase car with an M sport package suspension. It drives like a heavy 3 series. It can be provoked into oversteer in highway exit ramps. It really is something else. The E65 sport is not as viceral. BMW has (uncharacteristically) used the technology of hydraulic anti-roll sway bars in the new 7s to expand the comfort envelope without sharpening the sporting end of the pencil one bit. So, as much as I love BMW, I am looking elsewhere. Which is why I'm on this board. Can anyone comment on the rear seat ride quality. In my 7 the rear suspension is set relatively stiffer than the front to minimize understeer (and the rear tires are lower profile than the fronts). So the ride quality is noticably better in the front seat than the rear. Is this so with the QP?

Non car enthusiasts (about 95% of all people) expect an S class ride in my 7 and they often complain about the seat firmness and the ride. I wouldn't have it any other way. I have heard that the QP has a very tight ride on the rough stuff. Any comments on the sport package vs. non sport package QPs?

Regards,
DRP

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Re: Thanks for the replies

i have the sports package (19" + sports setting on the suspension) and i have driven the non sports package cars with 19" tires. just to keep it simple, it feels a little more sporty (or may be just in my head cos i paid for it :twisted: ) i have no idea how much different the sports active suspension setting is. it does seem the car responses quicker dynamically.

i honestly cannot tell you how it feels in the back cos i haven't let anyone driven the car with me sitting in the back. :wink: on normal, it is not a cushy ride like an S on the softest airmatic setting. on sport, it is not a hammering ride either. let's put it this way, no one ever complained sitting back there on either normal or sports settings.

·
Registered
909 Posts
The rear seat area room is very comparable to that of a standard body 7 series bimmer, audi a8, or mercedes s500. All of these cars have much more bench like seats though, so it feels totally different.

Get into the longbody cars and its a different story. The A8L alone has essentially the same legroom for backseat passengers as front seat passengers.

However, having had the opportunity to drive several a8's, 7s, and s class cars, they are nothing like the Quattroporte, especially if you get any joy at all from driving.

- mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
maserati of minneapolis
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing