Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the purchase a used (2002-2005) coupe or possibly a spyder, but I am interested in what to expect as far as maintenance costs and wear items go. I have read some rather frightening stories here about the clutches in the F1 (Cambiocorsa?) trannys and it seems that the 6 speed manual is the least problematic. What other regular maintenace issues should I expect? From what I read here the cars seem pretty bulletproof in most other ways. My local dealer is not what you would call "Low end user friendly" (they charge about $20 just to go inside the dealership). So I might be looking at doing some basic maintenance (Oil changes and the like) myself. Is that feasable or should I just save my pennies and buy a Viper?

Thanks for letting me ask so many questions.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's $10 bucks to get in, which they will take off the proce of a purchase in the shop...this is for the tourists. They don't charge owners to get in.

Maintenance will be roughly $2500-$5000/year dependin gupon your driving style and miles, and choice of tires.

Warranty covers most of everything else, except clutch wear, which as I understand it is approx every 15K miles or so, give or take.

It is worth it though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts