Maserati Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Peter, Do you have another working key? If so, you can program tihs one yourself. Let me know and I will give you the procedure. Hope this helps.
Kent,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have one key that works and another that does not. I don't know if the problem with the second key is that it needs programming or if the batteries aren't in correctly. The internal assembly kind of falls apart when I open it -- not sure if this is normal or not. I put it back together -- wasn't sure which way the battery goes in, so tried one way and then the other and neither works. This is a long-winded way of saying I would be interested in know how to program from the working key. I'm not completely sure the key is working at all, but would like to see if programming fixes it.

thanks,
Peter

·
Registered
8 Posts
me to!

I have good working key and few cr1220 batteries.

but was going to order another key from dealer and was wondering if
I could make it work with this procedure...so I dont have to drive 3.5 hours to
get the key and get it programmed.

Barry

·
Registered
141 Posts
What I do is first use a digital multimeter and make sure I have a total of 6volts from the two batteries. I would hope brand new batteries have sufficient voltage, for this procedure we will assume such.
While standing outside of the car next to the drivers' door...
Using the known GOOD key that operates the door locks and alarm...
Press the big (not trunk) button 16 times, waiting for the door to lock or unlock and fender light to flash between pressing.
As soon as you have finished the 16th press and the locks actuate and the light flashes,NOW PRESS THE BUTTON (BIG) ON THE NON WORKING KEY ONCE.
The door locks should actuate and the light flash, if so, you are SUCCESSFUL in programming that key to the car.
Now wait 5-10 minutes for the alarm to reconfigure itself and both keys will work!
If not wait 10 minutes and try again.
If not and the batteries have sufficient voltage and are making good contact,then you need a new key.
You will have to provide a copy of the title and your drivers' license to purchase a new key from the Dealer.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for the info. Do you think this may also be the problem with my valet key? After replacing batteries the little black button does nothing. I should probably use your procedure on that key and see if it works. Does anyone know the replacement cost of the PRimary remote key (the blue one)?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts