Maserati Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ghibli S Q4
26 Posts
I would be. They are not expensive a couple years old, but are like brand new. Low miles, and still under warranty. People making under $75k buy $30k cars all the time. They just don’t realize they can get a 2-3 year old Ghibli RWD with less than 20k miles and still under warranty for the same price they got their new Toyota.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think there are plenty of owners that received the $1200. Our cars are not expensive to buy after one or two owners take the depreciation hit. Gotta take those deductions!
That being said, it feels strange to be the Maserati owner that’s collecting unemployment right now

If you have extra cash right now, hopefully you’re putting it in the stock market.

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
As was noted in other posts, there are retired people on fixed incomes and only social security who have Maseratis , there are others who are not sitting on piles of money or with high incomes who bought them used for very reasonable prices, but even for prospective buyers consider this : I just looked at review of the new Nissan Maxima which is priced at $ 46,000 . Those in the market for a car have a choice of driving the new Nissan Maxima, OR , buying a ( few years old ) superb Maserati GTS, and in excellent condition. Yes, different buyer demographic mentality, different priorities in cars perhaps, but just making a point that you don’t need to be wealthy ; if you can afford $ 46 K for a Nissan you can afford the Maserati. Granted, IF the GT had a reputation for being unreliable and thus not all that “affordable“ I’d understand the hesitation of someone who fears the car will drain their wallet , whereas a Nissan may give them complete peace of mind for decades .. but with just a little research they’ll realize how nearly bulletproof these cars are mechanically and come to the conclusion they’re well worth the choice ..vs. ANYTHING else in a comparable price category . IMO.

·
Registered
380 Posts
The 2500 major service is a bit offputting for many. Why the belts fail that quickly.....?????

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
Why the belts fail that quickly.....?????
Jason might be able to validate if that’s true , or if it’s colossal B.S. as well as what the risks are if you don’t observe the mfg / dealer prescribed “ preventive maintenance “ intervals .
If we had a timing belt instead of a chain, I’d be the first to change that even earlier than suggested, but for the belts we’re dealing with in our cars I’m skeptical at the the breakage possibly of one much before 75 K miles on it, and even if it happens that it will cause much if any collateral damage . But I could be wrong ! However, I can tell you with certainty that any components including belts , which Porsche indicates should be changed at “X miles“ or “X months“ intervals, last from a minimum of 2 X to 3 X or more the intervals noted in the service manual and dealer insistence.
So that $ 2,500 is a dealer charge which may put off some, but that service can probably be done for at least 30 % less at an independent shop, and you can also pick and choose which things you want done at any given interval, which could lower your cost even more .

·
Registered
163 Posts
As was noted in other posts, there are retired people on fixed incomes and only social security who have Maseratis , there are others who are not sitting on piles of money or with high incomes who bought them used for very reasonable prices, but even for prospective buyers consider this : I just looked at review of the new Nissan Maxima which is priced at $ 46,000 . Those in the market for a car have a choice of driving the new Nissan Maxima, OR , buying a ( few years old ) superb Maserati GTS, and in excellent condition. Yes, different buyer demographic mentality, different priorities in cars perhaps, but just making a point that you don’t need to be wealthy ; if you can afford $ 46 K for a Nissan you can afford the Maserati. Granted, IF the GT had a reputation for being unreliable and thus not all that “affordable“ I’d understand the hesitation of someone who fears the car will drain their wallet , whereas a Nissan may give them complete peace of mind for decades .. but with just a little research they’ll realize how nearly bulletproof these cars are mechanically and come to the conclusion they’re well worth the choice ..vs. ANYTHING else in a comparable price category . IMO.
In sorry but no way can I rationalize with this. Daily driving an Italian Car on a budget is a poor choice IMO. If you are shopping a Nissan vs a Maserati, your priorities are way mixed up. Not to say it cant be done, but this is just not the norm.

I still cant imagine that many folks here fall into Stimulus check recipients category.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts