Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking that, keeping in the spirit, We’re going to do a road trip to Rock Port, TX as soon as the restaurants open, play golf (the Sunday bags fit in the GC) eat, drink and tip big till it’s gone.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Pretty sure a lot of you guys are not gonna get the full $1200.00... :) Jason
Lol, no s**t, the qualifying income threshold is below $ 70 K a year, or something like that ? Not to say that some people with Maseratis may not be in that category ( retired folks and so on..) but even if I did, it’s essentially a refund from my ( our ) own taxes I paid anyway , so I’d probably turn it over to someone, or some organization in greater need in this crisis.

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you are driving a Maserati, me thinks your income level may exceed 99-150K

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo
815 Posts
Depends how much real estate depreciation one has (and other taxable losses you have)....you can make tons of money in a year and still pay very little in taxes.......do your financial research - this will help you immensely in life financially.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
If you are driving a Maserati, me thinks your income level may exceed 99-150K
At the market value some of these cars sell nowadays ( I mean the older models with some serious mileage on them ) one can buy a GT for about the same cost as some Toyotas .. so arguably affordable to many in the income bracket below 99 K , BUT, the perceived / anticipated cost of maintenance may cause much hesitation in that income demographic to take the plunge... however, you never know..there are risk takers out there 😐

·
Registered
555 Posts
If your single and annually earn less than $75k you qualify for $1,200. Or if you are married and filed taxes jointly, and together annually earn less than $150k, then you qualify for $2,400. The $1,200 stimulous amount decreases by $50 for every $1k earned over $75k. Anyone who earns more than $99k annually does not qualify.

Thankfully we qualify for the stimulus help. I work in the automotive supplier sector and I'm laid off at the moment. Also...when we do finally go back to work, our salaries are being cut by 25%....not a good long term situation.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
If your single and annually earn less than $75k you qualify for $1,200. Or if you are married and filed taxes jointly, and together annually earn less than $150k, then you qualify for $2,400. The $1,200 stimulous amount decreases by $50 for every $1k earned over $75k. Anyone who earns more than $99k annually does not qualify.

Thankfully we qualify for the stimulus help. I work in the automotive supplier sector and I'm laid off at the moment. Also...when we do finally go back to work, our salaries are being cut by 25%....not a good long term situation.
Sorry to hear that you're laid off, i hope you and the fam are in good health....crazy ass times we're living in at the moment! Hopefully you're eligible for unemployment benefits.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
Yeah, so sorry to hear, as if the stress of health risk anytime you leave the house wasn’t enough , you also have to deal with having your steady income suspended, deal with the hassle of getting some money from unemployment soon enough , and then to add insult to injury once back at work face a reduced compensation until who knows when. Ugh, insane times. We’re going to have our salaries frozen , bonuses suspended for 2020, a slight possibility of reductions depending on the next fiscal quarter results, but at least I’m grateful for now I still have the salary continuing . I can’t complain, if I did, it would be idiotic !

·
Registered
555 Posts
Thank You Very Much for your support - yes...we are in good health. Yes things are painful right now. But it will all work out eventually, however going forward our life style will change significantly. We've been doing grocery shopping and delivery for people who are afraid to go out of their house at this time, but it's a lot of work very VERY little compensation. It would be great if I could generate some income out of my obsession with cars. I'm handy with wrenches, and I'm a detail freak. I've worked on a lot of European cars over the years. To me this would be like getting a job as a food taster or a movie critic or something...we'll see....

·
Registered
610 Posts
my check came in quick, definitely going to charge up the rainy day fund that has been dipped into already. wife and i are both in the dealership service field of work, her commission portion is way down due to service being all but dried up. i'm a tech, still working but the work to do is slim. something is better than nothing though. her being commission based and me being flat rate is less than ideal apparently.

and also... toilet paper. i'm legit running low though.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Unfortunately, the joys of being a sole proprietor are not so great at present. My dream car celebrated its first bday in my garage on the 12th. At the same time, even as a Dr, (dentist), my production is down 95% in the prime of my career. Had to furlough both hygienists etc. Would have been less painful financially if I broke my legs...at least rest of office could function with me doing tele diagnostics. Hospital systems kicked us off their attending lists 20 years ago thanks to the stupidity of managed care so they dare not ask us for help.
What is most odd is the fact that health care providers with our training should be the most capable of working out systems to move forward through this crisis. I suspect logically we should be the first folks allowed back to "test" the waters. I already have a system implemented as I see emergencies...it has worked quite easily. Stats show if this continues deep into summer, 50% of us may go belly up!!

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
This thread is starting to get depressing ; it’s one thing to simply be aware and empathetic that so many people, no matter how healthy, are struggling because of businesses being shut down or reduced to bare bones, struggling along..even businesses most of us would consider essential ( dentistry , for one ..), but when those affected are family, friends, and forum brethren with whom we feel a certain bond almost as if they were extended family members, this hits close to home and it’s even more depressing . My wife retired several months ago from the biotech industry but she wasn’t with a company whch has the ability to retool in order to develop solutions for the pandemic so no chance of going back to work, but she’s been sewing masks night and day for weeks now, donating them to our local hospitals, clinics, first responders, etc. , all who have been, and still are in short supply . She’s completed just over a hundred masks, which may not sound like a lot, although other people in our neighborhood are doing the same thing , but every bit helps ..if it saves one single person from getting infected the real goal is accomplished . Best of luck to all of you out there facing unreal challenges, I hope everyone will come out of this and be able to return to financial normalcy, before the burden causes further damage from which recovery could be a tougher and longer battle .

·
Registered
330 Posts
The flipside to all this is the media keep talking raw numbers, what my Epidemiology training call the shock numbers. In reality, even in NYC if you double for all the undiagnosed cases, we are at less than half of a percent of the population. (.5%). There are the rare young individuals, but the VAST majority are elderly, obese, and unfortunately from races that for 50 yrs have been told their lifestyle and diet has promoted a profoundly unhealthy scenario. We need to be real about all of this. If/when the supply chain replenishes, we need to carefully move forward. I didn't get my Dr. to sit on my hands. I am doing my part to keep folks out of the ER's......pay my core staff out of my inheritance etc. Sorry to depress folks, I just got a bit annoyed by the too rich to care mentality a few displayed.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
As a retiree I feel fortunate that my income is stable and that I don't have to worry about furlough. I don't think I need this stimulus as much as others, so I've started donating it to worthy causes, starting with Doctors Without Borders, Red Cross, World Central Kitchen, local food bank, ...

·
Registered
2015 Ghibli S Q4
25 Posts
The flipside to all this is the media keep talking raw numbers, what my Epidemiology training call the shock numbers. In reality, even in NYC if you double for all the undiagnosed cases, we are at less than half of a percent of the population. (.5%). There are the rare young individuals, but the VAST majority are elderly, obese, and unfortunately from races that for 50 yrs have been told their lifestyle and diet has promoted a profoundly unhealthy scenario. We need to be real about all of this. If/when the supply chain replenishes, we need to carefully move forward. I didn't get my Dr. to sit on my hands. I am doing my part to keep folks out of the ER's......pay my core staff out of my inheritance etc. Sorry to depress folks, I just got a bit annoyed by the too rich to care mentality a few displayed.
I'm paying it forward buddy. I'm not getting any stimulus money, but if I did, I'd give it to someone who needs it. I do care, and I'm always happy to help. I've been feeding the homeless for many years, from my own pocket, and have not let this stop me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts