Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much deliberation, I just purchased an 02 cambio coupe, and am absolutely thrilled with it! I can't believe that I waited so long. Anyway, shortly after getting it home I scraped against a curb and it chewed a piece out of the wheel/rim. Anyone else have a problem with wheel scratches/gouges, and if so, is there any remedy other than replacement? This has got to be the softest metal I've ever seen used for this purpose.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Wheel scrapes

I have an 02 spyder, had the same problem. My local dealer (Lake Forest Sports Cars) did a great job repairing. Bring it to your local dealer and see what they can do.

Good luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Same here for both of my coupes - the first one had the 15-spoke rims, my current coupe has the 7-spoke rims. Both styles are very pretty, but the rims are very soft - almost like butter. I curb-rashed both of them pretty quickly. The first curb rash is the most painful, but the upside is that it adds character to the car! BTW - the rims are not made of metal - if you look closely you will see the land-o-lakes logo.

The good part is my dealer seemed to know how to repair the gouges pretty well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out that the wheels are painted aluminum (which would explain the surprising amount of damage). About $1k for a new wheel, or $150 to repair it; that should be an easy decision!

·
Registered
252 Posts
JohnD said:
Turns out that the wheels are painted aluminum (which would explain the surprising amount of damage). About $1k for a new wheel, or $150 to repair it; that should be an easy decision!
$150 seems like a fair price as I saw some sort of add in my local underground paper where they were charging $250 for a rim job :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Swiss-Maserati
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing