Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my tubis and I still have my s.s. midpipes ..

Looking for something new like Larini? but not sure how does it sound like? anyone tryed it? or what about Tubi the silent version anyone had it on his car? is it really silent ? what's the difference between the silent and the normal version, i mean there's big differences or ..... ?

Regards,

Abdul.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am looking at exhaust systems now as well. Why did you sell the tubi?

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you didn't like the Tubi...

why not just keep it stock?

what is your goal?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the larini mid pipe. It doesn't really change the sound a whole lot. Just little deeper. But the midrange torque is good and the top end hp is worth it. I don't know what car you have. I gave an 06 gs. It now keeps up with my buddies 911turbo w/x51 and can smoke my other buddy's 06 911s.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I have Larini mid pipes on my coupe and agree with the comments. Try the Larini website there are 3 recordings of a coupe with Larini back boxes on there, it might help. Having previously had Tubi's I am switching to Larini's tomorrow and will let you know my view on the difference.

For the record, I went from Tubi's with standard centre section to standard back boxes with the Larini centre section and gained more mid range torque but lost a small amount of top end. It's also sounds similar to standard at low revs, better at higher revs but not enough to bring a smile to you face.

P.S. While you are on the Larini site, listen to the F50 clip at high volume - awesome!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tryed Tubi alone, then I went to straight pipes with tubis !
after that I sold my tubis, so I used the stock mufflers with the straight pipes but it wasn't loud enough, so I removed all the cats even the 2 after the headers, and I made straight pipe from the headers to the mufflers, and it sounded so loud like a monster, I liked it but after a while I could'nt talk on the phone while I am driving and everytime I start the car, it can wake up the whole town from the sound when the car is cold.
so I returned the 2 cats after the headers, so now I am using straight pipeps from the centre sections to the rear (no back boxes, only tips) but I don't feel it is powerful as it used to be with the tubis, so I got a great deal on tubis, but now I need something different I wanna go for Mille Milgia or Larini, but this time I am looking for high pitch sound, with the tubis you can only hear the high pitch sound at high rpms, so anyone is running straight pipes with larini or mille milgia?

(and yes, btw when I used straight pipe from the headers to the rear, it sounded good and when you shift sometimes you can see the backfire from behind not only hear it, it even can spin the tires even when you're on the 3th or 4th gear so I guess it gained lots of power without the cats! but the problem is I get pulled over, eveeeeery time when I see a cop hehe)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts