Maserati Forum banner

What’s everyone doing with their GT during corona virus pandemic

18K views 196 replies 48 participants last post by  DSGT 
#1 ·
My GT is still at the dealership after they messed up a valve cover gasket job..

With everyone being advised to stay at home for the next 14 days whats everyone upto with their GT.. taking it out for a spin every now and then?

#155 ·
Cleand sticky from the ac buttons. Caused a few chips on 2 buttons where black paint got remvoed. Now ordered replacement unit so i will have to tear the dash apart.
This was my mistake by using my nail instead of just gently rubbing. Other then my mistake i removed the sticky stuff pretty neatly with the make up wipes.

Will probably also get my vinyl interior fixed. Get some pieces wrapped with rear leather instead of vinyl.

Stll need to install upgraded brakes and sway bar, do a small service and replace the transmission mount.

Lockdowns are easy when you own a maserati :p

#156 ·
I took my car off the road December 23rd until Summer.

...But then I reinsured it cuz the weather was nice and I was itching to drive it. She's insured year round from now on.

#176 ·
About 4 years ago it was -42C in the morning with a high wind, which is very unusual but the resulting windchill temperature outside was -56C. My garage is at +15C and the moment the front wheels of the car went over the 1cm floor to driveway threshold the front windscreen shattered like a stained glass windows in a cathedral. It was simply bizarre!

#184 ·
You guys have heated garages, I presume .. ? Wondering which fluids would freeze in a car if left outside overnight . Diesel ( non-winter one ) would probably freeze, brake fluid if it’s not fresh and has acquired a lot of moisture, no idea about power steering fluid or oil , and it would be somewhat hilarious if antifreeze would freeze :rolleyes: :LOL:

#186 ·
You guys have heated garages, I presume .. ? Wondering which fluids would freeze in a car if left outside overnight . Diesel ( non-winter one ) would probably freeze, brake fluid if it’s not fresh and has acquired a lot of moisture, no idea about power steering fluid or oil , and it would be somewhat hilarious if antifreeze would freeze :rolleyes: :LOL:
This is actually my first winter with a heated garage. I love it! It’s always been insulated so that helps a bit, but the heater is the best.
When it’s this cold, it actually hurts to take a deep breath outside. So simple solution is stay inside 😂

#185 ·
Actually most people here, would keep about $3000 worth of shite in the garage while keeping their cars out on the driveway - I could never understand that. Most don't even insulate the garage and some have it heated. When it is this cold and your car sits outside for a couple of days the tires get flat spots so things drive like Fred Flinstone automobiles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.