Maserati Forum banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
My car is in the shop suffering from a different ailment. It is having surgery to perform the cam variator repair.
I should have it back next week and hope to be able to drive it again soon.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I just got my car back after 2 1/2 months at the dealership

felt good to have her back!

·
Registered
150 Posts
We got 6-8" of snow yesterday.....so mine is still sitting in the garage covered up waiting for the snow and cold to go away....oh ya, it's supposed to be -24C tonight. I've had enough of mother natures April fools jokes lol. But on the bright side, I'm still working :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Stay at home here in Florida.
But it is "essential" to drive the Mas fast down a empty A1A every few days.
I also find it "essential" to go out on my boat.

Life suddenly sucks but we will get thru this!

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo
819 Posts

Agreed. I find it essential to go to the store for individual items over and over just to drive on empty roads.....

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I made blueberry pancakes this am.
I actually though of going to the store and back home again for every, individual item :unsure:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Floridians got stay at home order just now... most of us have had it for over 2 weeks now

·
Premium Member
477 Posts

Can we know more about the boat? I’m a old boat fan.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Oh, the misery of having to resort to switching between driving the Maserati and sailing ? ( or is it a power craft ? ). Yacht ? Either way, that definitely sounds therapeutic ! (y)
28' Cobia Dual Console with twin outboards. I like burning fuel! No slow sailboat here!
I had a 40' boat with twin diesels but sold that last September.
I do miss the big boat but the small boat is fine for Florida.
Big boat was in NY and if I had that today I would be upset bc you really can't work on boats or launch with the stay at home order in NY

·
Registered
127 Posts
O and took the MGTS for a drive to the shops - although I hate shopping it was a good excuse to drive the Maser

·
Registered
69 Posts
Took car to the shop cause had a check engine code on the cats and wanted them replaced with upgraded sport cats. Apparantly it started throwing misfire codes as well on all cylinders and after inspection all spark plugs are in need of a change. As expected, no chance of getting 8 plugs before the weekend. So will probably in the shop untill after the weekend.

After plugs are renewed the cats might be ok, but i think a few hundred miles with bad plugs probably has smoked the cats as well.

I did learn a lesson, the first time I got the cel on the cats, it disappeared after few days. I didnt bother bringing the car in of checking anyhting. I guess a quick inspection of the plugs at that time might have saved the cats, something the shop would have done had I let them check things over.

Shame i had scheduled to do some maintenance myself over the weekend, so need to find another hobby to waste time on. .

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I just placed a 12 roll pack of toilet paper in my trunk , to bribe the highway patrol if I get pulled over for speeding on these near-empty highways ;)
Don't do it bro, about to cost me $695 for 30 over the limit, and another $200 for GA's super speeder law :sick:
$895 total...

81 - 100 of 138 Posts