Maserati Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2014 GTS Coupe is in the garage on battery tinder .. I drive to the grocery and pick up my take out orders supporting my fave restaurants ..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mine was to wake up on 4/1/2020 but out of respect for the working families out of work, I will leave it parked till the dust settles, hopefully by May 1st. At present I suspect it will give the unfortunate no joy to see me in it. Maybe by then it will be able to put a smile on people's face again. Sad times.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
At the Mas dealership now getting my snows swapped out for 4 new MSP-4Ss on my 2012 QP5 GTS.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mine was to wake up on 4/1/2020 but out of respect for the working families out of work, I will leave it parked till the dust settles, hopefully by May 1st. At present I suspect it will give the unfortunate no joy to see me in it. Maybe by then it will be able to put a smile on people's face again. Sad times.
This is exactly what I an doing also. I thought I was the only one.

I just dont feel right blasting down the freeway right now when so many are in such troubles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got some maintenance + projects in the pipeline.

1. New AGM battery (done)
2. Engine + differential oil change
3. Install new Hawk pads to get rid of the annoying brake noise
4. Install new CF steering wheel with custom stitching
5. Install new MC Sportline door sills
6. Drive!

View attachment 130277 View attachment 130278
Love that wheel. Where did you get it if you don't mind sharing?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I sent them a message but no reply yet. Im guessing they too are shut because of the virus

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
The dealership messed up a valve cover gasket repair.... one of the most basic procedures on this car. Friends don't let friends do service at the dealership.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The dealership messed up a valve cover gasket repair.... one of the most basic procedures on this car. Friends don't let friends do service at the dealership.
my car was under factory warranty... but now that my factory warranty is out they will never ever see my car again

·
Registered
30 Posts
I mentioned this in one of the earlier posts but a shop out of Taiwan. Look up KMA Carbon and you'll see their Facebook/Instagram page.

View attachment 130330
I mentioned this in one of the earlier posts but a shop out of Taiwan. Look up KMA Carbon and you'll see their Facebook/Instagram page.

View attachment 130330
Sweet! I have a custom wheel I need to install. It's just the core, so I'll need to transfer the buttons and wiring over. Did you get it done yet? I'm assuming straight forward job?

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
my car was under factory warranty... but now that my factory warranty is out they will never ever see my car again
It's pretty ironic that I take my Hyundai to the Hyundai dealer, my Kia to the Kia dealer, and my Chevy to the Chevy dealer, and I'm always happy with their work and the low cost. Meanwhile I literally can't take my Maserati to the dealer because they don't want to work on it, but I wouldn't do so in any case because of the excessive costs and other problems.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
How did they mess it up? What's wrong with it?
dropped my car off for leaking valve cover gasket

when i went to pick up the car was blowing white smoke and rough idle
Basically the oil was getting into things it wasnt supposed to.. so the gasket install was not done correctly

·
Registered
3 Posts
My GT is still at the dealership after they messed up a valve cover gasket job..

With everyone being advised to stay at home for the next 14 days whats everyone upto with their GT.. taking it out for a spin every now and then?
I work at a major hospital in New Orleans so I drive mine to work everyday.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts