Maserati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about the coupler, but its just a replacement i guess. I know a sillicone coupler will give like 1% lower intake air temprature since air flows a wee bit faster.

I'll finally take mine out tomorrow for a drive (early morning, roads should be empty) and then a good wash, been a month or so and dirty as hell. After that we'll have to see what government has in mind next.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
What are you having done?
Extremely long story but in short.. it went for a leaking valve cover (under warranty) and once the job was done it started blowing thick smoke through the exhaust. Dealer is trying all kinds of things on it and still not done..

·
Registered
2015 MC Centennial
3 Posts
What’s the Euro Compulsion thing do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unlike the Urutu coupler it deletes the intake coupler resonators entirely so there is a very slight increase in intake noise on hard acceleration

·
Registered
967 Posts
Extremely long story but in short.. it went for a leaking valve cover (under warranty) and once the job was done it started blowing thick smoke through the exhaust. Dealer is trying all kinds of things on it and still not done..
AH ok....thanks for the info, and good luck 👍 I know you are more than ready to have it back!

·
Registered
120 Posts
That's crazy, no idea what they could have done to cause that, only thing that comes to mind is dirt or metal thru an oil passage that ended up somewhere it shouldn't. nothing involved with a valve cover gasket replacement should cause it to start burning oil

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
I'll finally take mine out tomorrow for a drive (early morning, roads should be empty)
I just did the same, observing the government’s “shelter in place” order , sheltered inside my car ;) . Later today will do the same with the Porsche . Cars need to run every so often so everything is lubed properly. As for going out, which is permitted for essentials like groceries , here’s an observation :

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just did the same, observing the government’s “shelter in place” order , sheltered inside my car ;) . Later today will do the same with the Porsche . Cars need to run every so often so everything is lubed properly. As for going out, which is permitted for essentials like groceries , here’s an observation :
View attachment 130262
Yeah I had to run to the post office to drop off a package, normally it is a 5min drive, I made it a 40 minute one....been doing that a lot lately

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine didnt go so well, got a cell light on and engine idles rough and weird exhaust smell. Had a cell in december which was the right catalytic converter. So guessing its the same :(

Will take her out again tomorrow, see if an italian tune will clean them. That did the trick last time.
Otherwise might be looking at replacement cats. (not that weird after 110k miles). I was looking at sports cats for a while so might just be the right time.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wife finally told me to stop finding excuses to go for drives.(n)

We're all quarantined up, but still need to put on happiness miles...

Knocking out that honey-do list though!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've got some maintenance + projects in the pipeline.

1. New AGM battery (done)
2. Engine + differential oil change
3. Install new Hawk pads to get rid of the annoying brake noise
4. Install new CF steering wheel with custom stitching
5. Install new MC Sportline door sills
6. Drive!
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (10).jpg

·
Registered
967 Posts
I've got some maintenance + projects in the pipeline.

1. New AGM battery (done)
2. Engine + differential oil change
3. Install new Hawk pads to get rid of the annoying brake noise
4. Install new CF steering wheel with custom stitching
5. Install new MC Sportline door sills
6. Drive!
View attachment 130277 View attachment 130278
Those door sills are one of my favorite things about my car. Nice Purchase.

·
Registered
108 Posts
How much was your carbon fiber steering wheel? Where did u buy from
It was done by a shop in Taiwan I believe. They specialize in CF steering wheels and do custom orders as well.

This particular one was a custom order I believe and the original buyer decided to make a change after the wheel was already completed. So the shop made another one for the buyer. Lucky for me, it had the stripes on the center and the stitching I wanted so worked out a price around $600 shipped to the US.

Those door sills are one of my favorite things about my car. Nice Purchase.
Thanks! It was one of the things about my MC that I didn't like. I wished the original buyer had added the full interior CF package. He had interior CF for the speedo and paddles but nothing else. Honestly, I don't mind the piano black trim on the dash and doors but definitely wanted to add the CF door sill. I also happened to pick it up for less than $400 for the pair :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I live off of A1A here in Florida. Nice straight road along the beach. Noone really out so I can open her up.
When I get depressed, I put the top down, blast the music and cruise. Of course I turn off the music when I get to a light so I can hear her growl on takeoff. Other than that, not putting on alot of miles not going to stores or out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I live off of A1A here in Florida. Nice straight road along the beach. Noone really out so I can open her up.
When I get depressed, I put the top down, blast the music and cruise. Of course I turn off the music when I get to a light so I can hear her growl on takeoff. Other than that, not putting on alot of miles not going to stores or out.
AZ 202 Eastbound is the same.... Had some fun early this weekend. Also started to play around / ENJOY the paddle shifters. Whole new experience....

Part of me wants to push the limits and find a real track to run around on.

·
Registered
140 Posts
AZ 202 Eastbound is the same.... Had some fun early this weekend. Also started to play around / ENJOY the paddle shifters. Whole new experience....

Part of me wants to push the limits and find a real track to run around on.
I always run in manual sport mode.
It's the only way to drive it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Shit is hitting the fan too fast..

we have a stay in home order starting wednesday for 15 days

be safe everyone

·
Registered
38 Posts
Shit is just starting to hit up here in Ontario. Its not very warm yet, hope it starts to warm soon. Still working at the moment, but things change daily. If I go home I'm hoping to put the new radio in like many of us and put on wheel spacers
Be healthy everyone!!!

41 - 60 of 77 Posts