Maserati Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the ac regassed on my 2002 coupe. Having done a long toad trip I noticed the nearside floor mat is wet and further investigation showed water running down the panel. My guess is that there must be a water collector with the ac that is either blocked or broken. Anyone else seen this?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never seen it personally, but I've read about it being a relatively common issue over the years.
has Anyone an idea of how to locate the drain line for the ac? I was hoping to simply prod a wire from the open end to dislodge the blockage but that would mean finding the drain tube end first....

·
Super Moderator
5,017 Posts
You can only see it from underneath. Normal way is to reach under the / behind the tunnel / NIT and pull it out of the floor. Get a jug ready.

Then cut the silly flaps off the bottom and put it back.

FWIW mine always dripped a little on my shoe which was just from the condenser

C

·
Registered
2005 Coupe GT 6MT, Black/Black
40 Posts
Hi @Catmanv2 I'm going to try track this down tonight as my passenger (LHD car) carpet is wet as well.
When you say can only see it from underneath, do you mean the drain line is only accessible from underneath the car? Or underneath the passenger side tunnel carpet?

If anyone has done this and can share any more specifics on how to find it, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Adam

(Edit: this post looks relevant, sounds like it should be accessible from inside the car wet carpet passenger side)

·
Registered
522 Posts
I fixed mine last year. lift the carpet at the forward end of the tunnel and you will see a 1/2" hose with a 90 deg bend going into the tunnel. Mine was pressed against the heat shield and drained very slowly, so trimming the end off was the fix. It was not visible from under the car due to the heat shield.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey everyone looking for some quick help if possible.

Are either of these that drain hose, or am I in the wrong area? Don't want to pull anything at they're right over electronics.

Reptile Snake Terrestrial plant Scaled reptile Serpent

Also that second hose has some thick yellow liquid on it, not sure what it could be? (Photo of that liquid on paper towel)

Textile Sleeve Bandage Comfort Tints and shades

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is just below the fuse hatch door on the pass (right) side. Quite a bit of liquid with a red-ish tinge. Not sure if it's most likely coolant or water.
The driver side does not seem wet like this.

Would appreciate help locating that drain hose, and any thoughts on what the liquid likely is. Thanks!

Liquid Water Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
40 Posts
Found it... Pulled it out and bone dry.

Have my flaps already been cut off?

Assume I'm now dealing with a heater core - thoughts?

Thanks all.

Automotive design Personal protective equipment Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive wheel system

·
Super Moderator
5,017 Posts
The one with the oil on is a refrigerant line from memory. Not sure what the hose you've found is but it's not the one I was referring to (which is ribbed.

Start from first principals. Have you checked the pollen filter housing for water?

C

Reactions: StickyP

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank you. Found this and will do it all tonight: Aircon clean out / pollen filter

Looks like I did pull the correct drain hose, but I did not take out the square insert.

Will report back. Given the color/texture of liquid on my floor I do think it's coolant, but this will be good maintenance as well. Thanks for suggesting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi all,

A few updates but I'll start with my question. I did the heater core bypass tonight, and when I started the car afterward the oil pressure jumped right to 5 bar. Assuming this isn't normal, could the bypass have affected that?

If not I'll do some more searching for oil pressure info tomorrow.

Other updates - I checked the pollen filter and the AC drain hose again, all totally dry.
Pulled up the passenger carpet and put paper towels under the foam, they immediately turned wet and yellow. Definitely coolant.

I have a dehumidifier running in there now. Will have to figure out how to clean/shampoo the entire interior carpet once it's dry. Any tips or product recommendations appreciated.

Thanks all!

·
Super Moderator
5,017 Posts
Isn't 5 bar the normal pressure? Working from memory here.

Yellow coolant is a new one but glad you're getting sorted

C

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank you both! May not have noticed the oil pressure before, I typically assume normal at the middle of the gauge.
Prestone here in Canada is yellow.

Great news thank you both!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts