Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent the Maserati a few days back just haven't had a chance to post it yet. I sent it via Showtime shipping back to Maserati of Central Florida. My original plan was to get a Ferrari F355 and own my first Ferrari and decide whether I want to go back to owning a Maserati or continue with Ferrari ownership. My ideal garage would be a fully loaded Coupe as a daily and a Challenge Stradale as a weekend car. Best of both worlds. But for now I have to make a decision. Should I buy a Coupe or maybe even a Gransport if I can find one in my price range during the winter time. Or go ahead and try the Ferrari F355 out?

I'm just very confused at the moment, when I sent my Maserati out, it seemed like the right thing to do because I really wanted to try an F355 out. But now that it's gone, I just miss it dearly.

I'm not asking for someone to make the decision for me, I just want to see what you guys would do in my shoes. Sort of try to play some logic into this deal.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I'd love a Gransport it's not a reasonable purchase at the time. A Coupe and F355 I can pick up both for less than $70k which sounds better than $80-100k. If that was doable, I'd be considering the 360 or the Gransport.

I think I'm going to try the F355 and either keep it for a little while or eventually trade up for a Gransport around March-April. The Maserati is the greatest car I've had the pleasure of owning. I think the F355 will have a hard time topping it.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Interesting to see the "cost of ownership" difference with the F355. I suspect that alone may have you back in the Maser soon enough... 8)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes, loving the car - truly addictive, and no problems at all ! The only trouble is I'm not looking forward to changing it for an Alferati when the time comes.

Bought the number plate for pennies 33 years ago, because full-size plates wouldn't fit a Dino. Not my age, but you're getting closer.....!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RickBullotta said:
Interesting to see the "cost of ownership" difference with the F355. I suspect that alone may have you back in the Maser soon enough... 8)
I'd compare the cost of ownership for you guys but the Maserati had no cost of ownership. 6,200 absolute trouble free miles minus two new tires.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PacoSaca said:
Would that be an F1 355? and why a 355 and not a 360? IMO the price difference between the two is not that far apart...
Paco,

Current U.S. market for a 95 F355 6spd with 30k miles is about $59-65k

Current U.S market for a 99 360 Modena 6spd with 30k miles is about $95-105k.

Prices will slightly vary based on options and color combination.

Quite a bit of a difference to a small timer like me try to hang with the big guys.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Guys if you're looking to buy a used car you better come to Kuwait.
but If you're planning to get it from a Dealer just stay away, stay in the states its much better there.

after I bought my new black coupe (*Project maserati* will be done in 2 weeks hopefully :lol: )

found a used '99 F355, 6spds. black with black roof *convertible* with tan interior and exhaust system capristo. it was $40k

and my friend just bought a yellow 360 F1 '02 black interior $61

Maseratis around $41\$45K it depends on the model, every single Maserati in Kuwait is stock expect one with a stupid body kit don't know from where did he get it. *BUT* when you go to the dealer (ALZAYANI \ the biggest thief in Kuwait) trying to get a new car '05, the price is $115K .. you can see the difference? I found out that they get the prices by British poung, he don't convert the amount to a Kuwaiti Dinar, you'll see it is the same price expect there's no British pound no more, instead of that there's Kuwaiti Dinar.

for example. I found the Mercury 19's wheels for 3600 British pound (around 1800 KD) but you know how much they want in the dealer here? 3500KD! lol. this dealer always makes me laugh.

Enjoy :wink:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bloodsnatcher said:
Guys if you're looking to buy a used car you better come to Kuwait.
but If you're planning to get it from a Dealer just stay away, stay in the states its much better there.

after I bought my new black coupe (*Project maserati* will be done in 2 weeks hopefully :lol: )

found a used '99 F355, 6spds. black with black roof *convertible* with tan interior and exhaust system capristo. it was $40k

and my friend just bought a yellow 360 F1 '02 black interior $61

Maseratis around $41\$45K it depends on the model, every single Maserati in Kuwait is stock expect one with a stupid body kit don't know from where did he get it. *BUT* when you go to the dealer (ALZAYANI \ the biggest thief in Kuwait) trying to get a new car '05, the price is $115K .. you can see the difference? I found out that they get the prices by British poung, he don't convert the amount to a Kuwaiti Dinar, you'll see it is the same price expect there's no British pound no more, instead of that there's Kuwaiti Dinar.

for example. I found the Mercury 19's wheels for 3600 British pound (around 1800 KD) but you know how much they want in the dealer here? 3500KD! lol. this dealer always makes me laugh.

Enjoy :wink:
Sounds good at first but it's very hard to legalize if even possible in the U.S. We have some really odd uneccessary laws.

Hopefully I'll get to benefit from it eventually since my dream is to live in Kuwait when all is said and done. I'm mainly Persian so I'd like to live in an area where it's more culture oriented for me.

But for now I have to pay U.S. prices :x

·
Registered
42 Posts
Persian? I think we share few things.

I don't know how to say it but I'll try to .. Ahwaliishemo my friend? :wink:

If you're looking for a F355 I can look for you here in Kuwait if you want.

Cheers.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think it is interesting that so many people compare these Maseratis to the Ferraris. I understand the natural inclination to do so but they are such different cars.

For a car perspective, avoid the 95 355's. They have a little bit of a hydro-valve issue. May not hit, but if it does its like $35k to fix. The Maserati has been so much for reliable than any of my Ferraris were and much less to maintain.

Anyway, the 355 is a great Ferrari, not the greatest car, but a very solid one. The 360 is to the 355 as the 355 was to the 348 (if that makes sense).

Best of luck in whatever you decide you really can't go "wrong" as long as you have any of these used exotics thoroughly inspected by a qualified mechanic.

-dsd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
dsd
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing