Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Gransport with 75k on it.

Pretty sure the clutch is stuffed. Heard a snap, slipping a lot now going into first, can't get reverse and bad noises in going back to first.

No warning lights come on and changes ok past first. Clutch was on 25% last check and driven bit since then, and a bit a slipping recently.

I'll probably do the clutch regardless what the issue is, as it's due to be done. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what things I might want to discuss with the mechanic about the clutch replacement (ie things you might do differently or make sure of to get better results).

Cheers

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
You need an OE clutch, F1 sensor, throwout bearing...and I probably would replace the bearing in the bellhousing in a M138 car....May want a Hill engineering beraing instead of OE...Jason

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

I've seen discussions here on the PIS setting. Is that something that when done right it's just is what it is or is it something that can be set more / less aggressive?

Previously the clutch has always been slow to engage first (I have the DBW but no real impact on this). I am hoping this tightens up with a new clutch but should I be looking at any else at the same time to improve this.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
You can lower the PIS and the clutch gets to be more like an on-off switch and is more jerky moving around a parking lot, but the clutch last longer...I usually set a GS up like this as you didn't buy the sport model of a car for the smooth ride...J

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, I found this bit of info on how the F1 clutch works and explains what pis and ccp and what the numbers like 4.75 mean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts