Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maserati driver's speeding hat-trick: two days, three tickets, $3800 in fines

Once, ok, tough luck?
Twice, on the same day!, um.. a lesson to be learned, perhaps?
Third time, next day, with an unrestrained child in the back? at 173kph?

"A Maserati driver was caught travelling at more than 170km/h with an unrestrained child sleeping in the backseat at Collector over the weekend, his third speeding offence in two days.

The 36-year-old Campsie man was driving his grey Maserati northbound along the Federal Highway just before 3.30pm on Sunday, when a highway patrol officer clocked the car at 173km/h in a 110km/h zone.

When police pulled the car over, they noticed the man’s eight-year-old son was asleep on the back seat without a seatbelt on.

A subsequent licence check revealed it was his third speeding ticket in two days – he’d been caught at 152km/h near Mittagong and then 125km/h near Goulburn on Saturday.

He has been fined a total of $3827 for the three speeding offences, and has been issued with a notice to appear in Goulburn Court later this month. His licence has been suspended until then."

Takes all sorts, I suppose

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS, if you want a youtube clip of an '02 Spyder in NZ, I've posted it at Maserati 4200 Spyder - New Zealand Aug '13 - YouTube Its not too exciting, just a Saturday cruise, before she goes back into the shop to finish the gear selection issues. I enjoyed it but not enough exhaust noise came through :thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Disgusting. I don't care about the tickets - he's an idiot and that's his responsibility - but the child has no control over the dangerous situation brought upon him. Even if the child had had a seat belt on (which he didn't) would it be different?

What an idiot. He should have been ticketed for bad parenting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts