Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased it. 25,000 miles and got it for $26,000. All service records and the clutch has just been redone. I'm flying to Alabama a week from Monday to pick it up and drive it back. Pics below.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Let me know how many women turn their heads ;)
Probably none. I keep an eye out and most men swing their heads around from a block away but I have yet to see a woman so much as look up - I think the whole "women dig hot cars" thing is an urban myth.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably none. I keep an eye out and most men swing their heads around from a block away but I have yet to see a woman so much as look up - I think the whole "women dig hot cars" thing is an urban myth.
I grew up on the Mississippi Coast. If you wanted to pick up a babe, a Corvette, Camaro or Pickup Truck with loud exhaust always did the trick. :cool:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Flash, it must be your area. Women are constantly checking out the Spyder when the top is down. (I know it isn't me, cause I am a middle-aged, balding fat man. Sigh). My friend's car is a Noble and he constantly complains about how his car is a sausage magnet, while the Spyder seems to attract the "housewives of Orange County". BTW, my interior is the same color combo as powerpig's

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Hi Pig! We're practically neighbors. Got my GS Spyder last November and live about 25 minutes from you in Fairfax. Great deal and congrats!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Flash, it must be your area. Women are constantly checking out the Spyder when the top is down. (I know it isn't me, cause I am a middle-aged, balding fat man. Sigh). My friend's car is a Noble and he constantly complains about how his car is a sausage magnet, while the Spyder seems to attract the "housewives of Orange County". BTW, my interior is the same color combo as powerpig's
I know - I think the cold weather up here in Canada is the problem. I do like your car though Pig - Congrats, especialy on the awesome price ($26K for a 90% Ferrari - not bad at all).

·
Registered
624 Posts
"100 thousand $ cars everybody got 'em"....sure looks like a $100grand ride me...anyone who thinks the gals aren't checkin out the Masi's isn't checking out the gals! Nice ride man, enjoy!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Congrats Pig. Beautiful car - great color combo. Selfishly, I wish you paid more for it. I never have any chicks look at my car but I'm always amazed by the guys young and old who absolutley drool over it and know so much about it. BTW what kind of stereo do you have? It looks different than mine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To answer the questions about the stereo, it's the only disappointing thing about the car. It's an aftermarket Alpine Nav unit.

·
Registered
94 Posts
To answer the questions about the stereo, it's the only disappointing thing about the car. It's an aftermarket Alpine Nav unit.
This might sound crazy, but I think I remember that car from a couple of years ago. Check with Maserati of Washington, they should have the early service files for it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
pretty car... enjoy it...

my vote is that cars turn more guy heads than girls...... unless car is bright red or yellow, then girls look.... (like fish they like brightly colored lures...) ha

·
Registered
112 Posts
This might sound crazy, but I think I remember that car from a couple of years ago. Check with Maserati of Washington, they should have the early service files for it.
...I also remember seeing that car floating around online in April/May of last yaer. I believe a Florida dealership had it. I was going to buy it (and also requested the put back a factory Nav unit in) but they couldn't answer some of the basic pre-inspection questions I had on the car so it seemed a little shady to me.

Hopefully everythings ok and you didn't buy a lemon but I'd double check and do a little bit more homework before you have the car for more than 30 days just in case.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Maserati Family!!!! You'll never love a car more!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To answer some comments/questions: It originally came from Maserati of Washington and was for sale a while back at a Florida dealer. The present owner bought it and took it to Maserati of Atlanta and pretty much gave them free reign to do any repairs including a new clutch and bearings along with some smaller things. He has all records and I will be taking it to Maserati of Washington as they service my Ferrari. Just made my plane reservations and will pick it up this Friday afternoon. I'll try and post updates during my trip back.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts