Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every morning when I leave home I make a sharp right turn to take the freeway and I hear a weird noise coming from the left front wheel/steering area, like a belt rubbing against something. It only happen at that moment and then disappears, not happening again until the next morning!:confused:

Do you guys have any idea of what it could be?

The dealer couldn't reproduce the situation to hear the noise, so they couldn't find it. I'm going to send the car back to the dealer to replace my clutch next week and wanted to get that fixed before my warranty expires in September.

Thank you in advance guys!

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
I would suspect a bushing if it only happens in a turn.

Every morning when I leave home I make a sharp right turn to take the freeway and I hear a weird noise coming from the left front wheel/steering area, like a belt rubbing against something. It only happen at that moment and then disappears, not happening again until the next morning!:confused:

Do you guys have any idea of what it could be?

The dealer couldn't reproduce the situation to hear the noise, so they couldn't find it. I'm going to send the car back to the dealer to replace my clutch next week and wanted to get that fixed before my warranty expires in September.

Thank you in advance guys!

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's my understanding that the clutch is not covered under warranty. Hoping you can have it covered. Inquire first before expensive surprise!

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TravisJ is right, I will pay for the clutch replacement.

What kind of bushing you are talking about? (excuse my ignorance)

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Bushing/joints such as 8, 15 or tie rod joints (24, 3). Mechanic needs to examine them and see if there is any play.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank Ramp! But I don't think it is bushing problem, it doesn't sound like squeaking, it sounds more like a belt rubbing against something.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What about a loose wheel well liner that is rubbing on the tire when the tire is angled that sharply?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What about a loose wheel well liner that is rubbing on the tire when the tire is angled that sharply?
It kinda sounds like that,but it only happens on my first right turn in the morning, and never agin until the next morning! :confused:

Is there anything related to steering that warms up?

Thank you for your help guys, and keep them coming!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts