Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I heard a very high pitched (but low volume beep) that lasted about 10 seconds then went off. I heard it again 20 minutes later. This happened at least 4 times during a couple hour drive.

Everything appears normal (temp. oil etc.) except that I do have a CEL indicator on due to a faulty O2 sensor on my cat (waiting for the part).

Anybody heard such a thing - is it a notification that the CEL is on??

·
Registered
152 Posts
I hear it sometimes as well. I believe that it is an alarm for when the ambient temperature nears freezing (my generally goes off when it hits 35 degrees). Given the change in weather, if you are in the NE, then you may be experiencing the same. It can happen a couple time if the temperature goes up then down a couple times.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Funny, it hasn't happened in my car yet, and the temperature here in SoCal is very low right now, last night was 66F! Freezing!!! :D

·
Registered
793 Posts
In 1984 I bought a 7 series BMW in June.

One December morn was very cold here, about 36-37 degrees, and I started hearing a chime sound.

I had no idea what it was. I thought maybe it was an alarm malfunction.

Dealer told me that it is an alarm to warn the driver that the temps is approaching freezing!

That was a surprise!!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. That makes complete sense as the temp here last week was around 35 degrees.

Funny, it hasn't happened in my car yet, and the temperature here in SoCal is very low right now, last night was 66F! Freezing!!! :D
Niteroi: you are joking right??

Here in Calgary, we are still driving with the tops down on our Spyders at 35 degrees. We don't really consider it to be freezing until it hits minus 40 - right Travis?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I was just kidding, we're spoiled here in CA. :cool:

You guys are very brave to be driving with the top down in a 35F day!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was just kidding, we're spoiled here in CA. :cool:

You guys are very brave to be driving with the top down in a 35F day!
Well you have to adapt I guess. It is actually not bad at all with the heat on.

I go down to LA every few weeks - it is amazing what a difference 2.5 hours of flying time makes - literally like going from winter to summer for us Canadians. Unfortunately the real estate prices haven't dropped as much in Malibu as they have in say, Cleveland, so I probably won't be moving any time soon.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I know, the real estate prices dropped quite a bit, but it's still very expensive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.