Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I don't have a maserati, but a few years ago my grandfather gave me 4 weber 40 DCNL carb bodys (with chokes, venturies, butterflys, and working throttle shafts) from a Ghibli. They have been stored since at least 1976 (that's what the newspaper it's stored in says) from when he used to import Maseratis, ferraris, alfas etc etc etc to california. He never found a use for them and actually got them from the Maserati factory on one of his frequent visits to Italy back in the Day. They're all really clean.

The question is, what the hell am i supposed to do with them? No one uses them, besides the few maseratis. They definitely have a story behind them, and they are my grandfather's, but he gave them to me so i could use them on my bmw 2002 (at the time he gave them to me i had no idea what model they were). I'm not going to do that so i don't have a use for them

So, any suggestions who might be interested in them? Andy any idea what they are worth? Maybe someone knows a someone who knows a someone who needs some of these? THey could be good some someone needing good parts or a rebuild

i'm really interested to see what people haev to say about this.

Thanks for the time,

Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll trade you a manifold and 3 side draft Webers off one bank of a 12 cylinder Ferrari. You can use 2 of them on your 2002 and I can use the downdrafts on my Pontiac race motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts