Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

Just taking an informal poll here...

Are you doing your own car detailing or do you sub it out?

I do it myself. I actually enjoy it and I have my own plug in "swirler" thing to buff it.

Also... I spray wash my car about every two days or so.

What about you guys?

Gene

·
Registered
80 Posts
If I had the time, I would do my own. I sub them out around once a year for a full detail. I do have them washed at the local place around once a week or so.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Detailing my own car is a source of personal satisfaction as well as 'therapy'.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Gene, if I had that blonde in the picture helping me out I'd also do it every other day like you! ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Plenty of time.......................

:DAs a retired guy, I have plenty of time to care for my Maser. I only wash it (by hand) about twice a year, but use that spray-on wash/wax stuff all the time. When I do wash it, I follow up with a hand-applied wax/polish and use Connelly Leather cleaner/conditioner on the inside. My car has never been to a car wash and has never been "Armour-alled"!! I do understand, however, you guys that work full-time and/or live in places where DIY stuff is not feasible. Like Vincenzo, my time spent with my Maser is therapeutic and I enjoy EVERY moment.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I wash and detail all my cars, however with the Maserati I have not been able to maintain the paint to the standards of my other cars present & past.

The Maserati paint is much softer than any other car I've experienced, so I have it professionally detailed 2-3 times per year to either hide or polish out the microscratches/spider webbing.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I use to wash my car most of the time, but I do a pretty shitty job, so I've been letting the pros do it now. And I'm talking about washing only! I tried to do the wax a couple of times and it was bad.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
So, I'm surprised to hear how many of you outsource your detailing on a regular basis. Since I've never done it before, what the going rate for say, a good wash and full detail (including buffing & sealing)? Maybe I'll splurge and give her a birthday present! :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vince.

Once you say you have a Maserati, the detailers will rip you off.

As proof. I've had photographers from my studio to call in - and they would quote them one price based on their car.

But i call back and they give me another price because they think I don't give a $hit.

It's amazing how many [email protected] a$$ people out there think that they are smarter than you.

Basically, I worked my a$$ off and made good decisions. But yet, I'm too dumb to know when I'm getting ripped off.

Call one of those detail guys up and ask them how much it would cost to detail a Toyota Camery.

And then show up with your Mas.

Gene

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
So, I'm surprised to hear how many of you outsource your detailing on a regular basis. Since I've never done it before, what the going rate for say, a good wash and full detail (including buffing & sealing)? Maybe I'll splurge and give her a birthday present! :D
Here in SB:

$22 for a hand wash
$120 for detailing

·
Registered
2004 Honda Inspire :-)
307 Posts
i don't have a maserati yet but i will clean a maserati for free.....i love to detail cars do mines all the time.....when i get my mas she is getting the love she needs and wants:D

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have never detailed a car until this summer after reading posts here about some of the products used by you guys and what maticulous care you take of your cars. So I tried waxing -a new kind of waxing for me :) - and I really enjoyed it and found a sense of pride and accomplishment in the results. It was more work than I imagined and my manicurist was not happy for sure but I will never have anyone else do it for me again.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hand wash, Zaino wax, and warm air blow dry my Maserati whenever I can get to it - never let the car go anywhere near power buffers or car washes.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Do all the waxing/polishing myself. Would do the washing as well, but the condo bulding where we live does not allow it - something about water cost - so I have a good place that handwashes my cars. Using Manzena polishes when needed with buffer or by hand if not that bad or just spot touchups needed. My secret to not going too crazy is Waxing Frenzy by Hammerhead. This stuff is amazing! I have tried just about averything from Zymol to pure carnuba wax and always revert back to this product. I use it on my cars and my boat. It is easy to apply and takes relatively little time. I can wax my car in under 30 minutes and it looks amazing (assuming the car is clayed and polished every now and then). I can use all the help I can get with two cars and a 40 foot boat or it would be a full time job to keep them all looking great. Try it - I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I clean my car every day if I drive it,(California duster quick detail and clean the windows), I also clean the wheels twice a week. I usually wax it my self once a month, however I do have a good detailer work the car over with a buffer once every every 3. months or so.
Ron:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.