Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching Ebay closely over the last several months tracking the Maserati auctions. Lately I am seeing more and more of the "no reserve" variety. Over the last week several ended :

An '03 SpyderCC with 34k miles for $26,651
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270294556079

An '04 CoupeCC with 27k miles for $30,000
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200277934363

A few weeks back an '05 GranSport with 7.6k miles went for $41,200
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220299194734

And there is an '06 Gransport with 8k miles currently at $43,000 with 2 days to go
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330287792075

New low watermarks for these amazing cars. Apparently a lot of people and dealers are being forced to sell hence the "no reserves".

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I don't think those cars were actually "sold" at those prices.

·
Registered
349 Posts
There is some talk on the Ferrari boards as of late of both the Coupe and GranSport becoming $25k cars by next year assuming the economy remains the same. As much as I hate to think that, I think its possible too. Related, yet a different brand, I heard a USA Bentley dealer sent out an email to potential customers offering $50k discounts on in stock, brand new models. The evidence seems to pile on every week about new lows being hit, the Coupe and GranSport will not be any different.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Time to get your second Maserati! If you are smart, buy one like you have and it would be the cheapest parts you can get!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Time to get your second Maserati! If you are smart, buy one like you have and it would be the cheapest parts you can get!!:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't think some of the cars really sell for that. With the economy there might be a few legitmate sales at low amounts, but I think for the most part the seller has a few email accounts and just "buys" it [back].

·
Registered
4 Posts
Limited Data Points

I don't deny that prices will decrease but the last two GS's listed look like the same car. Same seller, pics, colers, etc

I did not see much info on car history for the 04 CC so we should discount for that and the Spyder prices have been weak for several months.

·
Registered
107 Posts
and slightly used granturismo's can be bought for $90k. that number is surely to keep going down. anyone buying a granturismo s should be negotiating. no matter what bull the dealer tells you about selling for msrp, if negotiated right, you can get a good discount. and in a few months, probably a great discount. dealers lots are getting full and that's very expensive for them. they are looking to sell cars to get rid of inventory, not so much to make over their invoice. they are just trying to stay in business during this tough time and carrying all that inventory is painful and will surely put some out of business.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Now IS the time, but never rush and not research properly. It took me months to find the right one for me. I found my beautiful one with only 17k on the clock and only paid a hair over 26 for mine. I could not be happier. They wanted much more but a large amount of cash in this economy is an excellent bargaining chip.

·
Registered
349 Posts
and slightly used granturismo's can be bought for $90k. that number is surely to keep going down. anyone buying a granturismo s should be negotiating. no matter what bull the dealer tells you about selling for msrp, if negotiated right, you can get a good discount. and in a few months, probably a great discount. dealers lots are getting full and that's very expensive for them. they are looking to sell cars to get rid of inventory, not so much to make over their invoice. they are just trying to stay in business during this tough time and carrying all that inventory is painful and will surely put some out of business.
Amen to that, today, the moment you pay sticker and drive it out the door you just lost $40k. If I had to predict a slightly used the GranTurismo S will be had for $80k or less by next summer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't deny that prices will decrease but the last two GS's listed look like the same car. Same seller, pics, colers, etc
I think they're legit. The two GS auctions listed are not the same car, just the same seller. The cars are different years, mileage, and interiors. I've been watching the currently active GS auction, asked the seller some questions, and researched them a bit. They have perfect eBay feedback and do seem to really sell these cars at a huge discount to the public. I also just met a Ferrari F355 owner who picked up his car off eBay for $47K. That's a STEAL! It looks like there are a few steals like this out there in the Maserati world too. One thing is without question - currently it is a BUYER'S MARKET!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Don't panic. This has happened before.

Too many cars, too few buyers, too many folks in trouble.

Lots of folks have had cars repossed, and lenders want out at any cost. So you see the numbers drop.

If you can afford to hold on to what you have, do so, and forget what is going on in the market.

The panic selling makes things worse for everyone.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
679 Posts
Don't panic. This has happened before.

Too many cars, too few buyers, too many folks in trouble.

Lots of folks have had cars repossed, and lenders want out at any cost. So you see the numbers drop.

If you can afford to hold on to what you have, do so, and forget what is going on in the market.

The panic selling makes things worse for everyone.

Hope your right ! I would hate to see the Maserati's keep dropping. But the real question is, do you think the prices will rise back up ? If I thought they would within a year or 2 I would give more thought to adding a 4th.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I see the prices rising again with the economy, I mean, I am hoping. I scored mine for less than half the KBB/NADA value, and if I decide to sell (HAHA Never!) then I will make a killing. If that happens, I will just buy a newer Maserati. I am hooked for life...

·
Registered
793 Posts
--- do you think the prices will rise back up ? ---
A very hard question to answer and honestly that is hard to answer.

Let's hope they stabilize and don't drop further.

As an important aside, this is why it is ALWAYS important to use good common sense before a purchase.

In reality nobody needs "want" items. The got to have it crowd causes problems for everyone causing price increases and unrealistic pricing.

I know of one who paid $200K over sticker 1.5 years ago to get a 599 Ferrari.

Does that make sense? How does he feel now to know what that investment is worth!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have been looking for another car, (not selling the coupe) and have noticed EVERYTHING that is cool is dropping in value.
Cars are not hitting the reserve on EBay, and are re listed many times before they sell. selling prices are below KBB values. Note that the cars that I am looking at all have clean histories. (no damaged - salvaged cars)

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
The price is pretty much every brand out there. I have found a 2004 Mercedes SL55AMG that has 19k for miles. I can buy the car for $37,000 sticker was 122,000!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts