Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer told me while on an 08 qp test drive, that you can pop in a dvd on the front dvd slot (where navigation disc goes) and watch dvd while you are in park. Is this true? can anyone confirm?

he also said the local Custom Car Stereo shop down the street can install something to bypass the "during park" limitation. Anybody have experience with this.

I read somewhere that these units have a video in as well. Does it have audio in to go with that? How does it work? Is there a switch to go to aux?

I don't have my qp yet, so wanted to know these questions.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The DVD option is pretty expensive, over here in the UK its around £5300 so you very rarely see cars for sale with it fitted.

From what I know of other marques, there is a sensor connected to the handbrake which allows the front screen to work. These shops simply disconnect it so the front screen will work on the move.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The DVD option is pretty expensive, over here in the UK its around £5300 so you very rarely see cars for sale with it fitted.

From what I know of other marques, there is a sensor connected to the handbrake which allows the front screen to work. These shops simply disconnect it so the front screen will work on the move.
but i am not refering to dvd option. He implied that if you put a dvd in the front dvd slot where the navigation disc goes, it will play dvd's when in park.

·
Registered
183 Posts
According to the brochures/specs, the standard car has a CD reader in the central slot. It wouldn't be able to read a DVD, therefore you'd need that DVD option to play a DVD in the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts