Maserati Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '04 Spyder has the factory 18" chrome wheels, but they have had a bunch of curb rash since I got the car; aside from that, I'm not the biggest fan of chrome. I have looked into repairing them, but that involves having them re-dipped, which can't be done around here, so the delay (to say nothing of the expense) ends up being prohibitive.

Just in case anyone has a set of wheels they're looking to unload, I am interested in a set of the 18" factory wheels, chrome or not. Presumably, the Coupe wheels would fit as well.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a set of painted coupe wheels I may be ok with selling
Painted what color? And, just to make sure, do you know the sizes and whether the bolt pattern is the same as mine? Would you happen to have some pictures?

Thanks for the reply--I'm definitely interested, if the cost and shipping makes sense.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Factory 18in rims off of an 05 CC coupe in the factory silver color I can get photos in a day or so as they are in the pallet racking at my shop and I need to climb up to get them down. price would be $200 each probably about $25 per wheel to ship

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Factory 18in rims off of an 05 CC coupe in the factory silver color I can get photos in a day or so as they are in the pallet racking at my shop and I need to climb up to get them down. price would be $200 each probably about $25 per wheel to ship
That sounds good so far and I'd love to see some pictures (not a huge deal if you can't get to them right away, I can wait).

How would you describe their condition? Also, are these the 7-spoke kind?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My understanding was that QP wheels do not fit the Spyder. Do you know whether the bolt patterns match?

·
Registered
518 Posts
these are the 7 spokes off of a coupe which is the same car with a roof

my QP wheels are not for sale nor do they fit a coupe/spyder

condition, no rash that i know of I think one scratch on one of the spokes for the rear wheel

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
these are the 7 spokes off of a coupe which is the same car with a roof

my QP wheels are not for sale nor do they fit a coupe/spyder

condition, no rash that i know of I think one scratch on one of the spokes for the rear wheel
That sounds great. As far as the QP wheels, I was replying to someone else, but that post seems to be gone now.

·
Registered
281 Posts
That sounds great. As far as the QP wheels, I was replying to someone else, but that post seems to be gone now.
I have a set of OEM 18's. The multi-spoke ones. They have newish tires too.
Sent me a PM and let me know what you're looking to spend. I also have four spacers and longer bolts if you're interested in those too. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a set of OEM 18's. The multi-spoke ones. They have newish tires too.
Sent me a PM and let me know what you're looking to spend. I also have four spacers and longer bolts if you're interested in those too. :)
Why would you need spacers and different bolts for OEM wheels?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Why would you need spacers and different bolts for OEM wheels?
Spacers give the wheel a wider stance and you'd need longer bolts to account for the greater distance to the hub. For some, it's a visual preference and others, improved driving performance.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spacers give the wheel a wider stance and you'd need longer bolts to account for the greater distance to the hub. For some, it's a visual preference and others, improved driving performance.
I understand what spacers do, I just don't see why someone would take factory wheels and screw with the setup.

Thanks for your offer, by the way. I'm going to see what happens with the other possible deal. Since I don't need tires, I'm not interested in paying for them, so I wouldn't be able to offer you any more money than I'm looking to spend on the wheels alone.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I understand what spacers do, I just don't see why someone would take factory wheels and screw with the setup.

Thanks for your offer, by the way. I'm going to see what happens with the other possible deal. Since I don't need tires, I'm not interested in paying for them, so I wouldn't be able to offer you any more money than I'm looking to spend on the wheels alone.
Actually spacers widen the stance of your vehicle, hence providing a lower roll center. This increases the safety, performance and handling of your vehicle through turns. Spacers move your wheel out from the hub to fill the gap between the wheel and fender. Filling the gap also provides your vehicle with a more aggressive stance and sleek style. The quality of the spacer is very important. Only run spacers that are hubcentric and TUV approved.
With no spacers....I would say it actually looks like the car is wearing a dress. The wheels sit way too far in the wheel well.

Here are a couple pics I took with my cell phone today. Just to give you an idea. Definitely a more aggressive stance. The entire 4 wheel spacer setup will be for sale in a few days if anyone is interested. I have a set of custom wheels, with custom offsets, coming in the mail. woo hoo :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hi Vince, thos look great, I too may be interested but would like them chromed....what would the cost be if that were worth your trouble, (or I could buy and ship somewhere), and would you or anyone here consider a trade or trade value for mine? All all factory 7 spoke in VGC with the exception of the fron right drivers side which has some curb rash (but it's not very bad at all)...psl hit me here or PM, Thx allot. Scott

·
Registered
65 Posts
rims and tires

I've got a very clean set of 7 spoke 18" wheels with 3 month old michelin tires. I bought 3 Gransport rims but still lack one rear one. If I can get 1300 I'll buy a new rear one rim. The tires cost me 1050 3 months ago.

Who ever has the spacer kit for sell please let me know how much and when you'll be selling those. If they are already called for please let me know where you got them and the cost.

Thanks, Justin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts