Maserati Forum banner

wannabe newbe- help

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  MVP 
#1 ·
GUYS!!
Wasssup? I am looking to buy a used 02-03 CC Coupe. I have read alot of good information here in the forums and decided that I will definately go with the CC Coupe. I love this car, and here in Baltimore we hardly see any Maserati's.

Few Questions:
1) How many scheduled services are there, and how much should I be expecting to pay for these cars? What will be a good deal.

2) What is a good mileage to buy the car at, I mean I see that there is a 18.5k service, so should I buy a car with 20k so the service is already done?

3) Big difference between 02-03? I do see a huge price difference.

4) Insurance? I am not a rich guy, so I have to consider how much insurance would it be to decide if i can afford it. How much do you guys pay? I am 24, and I pay $145/month for my M3 full coverage(for reference).

Any other help would be appreciated, any good dealers in Maryland?

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
390hp said:
GUYS!!
Wasssup? I am looking to buy a used 02-03 CC Coupe. I have read alot of good information here in the forums and decided that I will definately go with the CC Coupe. I love this car, and here in Baltimore we hardly see any Maserati's.

Few Questions:
1) How many scheduled services are there, and how much should I be expecting to pay for these cars? What will be a good deal.

2) What is a good mileage to buy the car at, I mean I see that there is a 18.5k service, so should I buy a car with 20k so the service is already done?

3) Big difference between 02-03? I do see a huge price difference.

4) Insurance? I am not a rich guy, so I have to consider how much insurance would it be to decide if i can afford it. How much do you guys pay? I am 24, and I pay $145/month for my M3 full coverage(for reference).

Any other help would be appreciated, any good dealers in Maryland?

Thanks!
1. First schedule is at 6k then the 2nd one at 18k and then the 3rd one at 36k I believe. The service on these cars isn't as big a deal as it is on Ferrari's. Regardless of what others say.

2. Again don't let this contribute your decision. If you find a car with 16-17k miles just ask them to subtract the service from the total price of the car or do it prior to the sale. Try not to get a garage queen, they tend to be a bit more problematic.

3. I'd get an 02 save the money for something else, the 03's will depreciate more.

4. $120/month full coverage.

I don't care where you are you will hardly see any Maserati's anywhere so trust me Baltimore isn't an exception ;)

If you have any other questions give me a call Monday-Friday 10am-3pm central at 405-255-1803 or shoot me an email at Kevin@NAPerformance.com or call my cell phone 7 days a week/24 hours a day at 405-410-8149

Regards,
Kevin

#3 ·
Nice to see another former M3 owner. Although I miss my M3 (for its abusability) this is an awsome car. Not much difference between an '02 and '03. The '03 was a very short production run thats why you won't find many and then in '04 there was a change in the shift linkeage in the man. tranny and some software upgrades in the CC. Some actually like the car before the CC upgrade because it gave a faster shift (although) more jerky.
Great car, somewhat quirky but you should be safe. They are surprisingly well constructed and reliable, certainly when coming out of an m3.....(exploding engines).
Some recommended mods when you get your car...
1.exhaust, consider a custom job for cost saving
2.lower the car,
3. rims
good luck

#4 ·
Just got an '03. There are lots of low-mileage garage queens to be had out there relative to the total population. But, there aren't a ton of cars. Widen your search significantly from what you would for a normal car--I got mine in North Carolina, I live in CA. But it had 4k miles on it and was SO cheap relative to a new one I couldn't resist.

I sold my M5 for this, and so far my insurance is HALF what I was paying :!: if you get one with a few miles on it, get one that has the 18.5k service done already, I hear it costs like $2200 or something, and good luck getting a service appointment at a Ferrari dealer.

#7 ·
Don't buy an 02 spyder - they were massively improved for 03 (might be the 04 model year in the US) you can tell the newer ones as they have a glass rear screen.

I've owned an 02 Coupe CC and an 04 Coupe CC and the 04 is a significantly improved car especially the gearbox software, MSP system and tons of small detail changes.

However the 02 is a great car for the money!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.