Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading here that when the F1 pump fails, the clutch needs to be replaced. Am I understanding this correctly?

If so, since I have about 20% wear on my clutch (according to OC Maserati), should I wait for pump failure and get everything done then? This sounds so negative...waiting for the pump to fail! I would hate to replace the clutch and then have to do it again when the F1 pump goes.

What would you guys do?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, just keep driving until the car tells you otherwise.

·
Registered
211 Posts
How often does the clutch wear out on these cars? Since I'm a new owner and have no experiene with them, Is it a certainty the Clutch will fail and have to be replaced? at around what milage should I note this?

·
Registered
74 Posts
How often does the clutch wear out on these cars? Since I'm a new owner and have no experiene with them, Is it a certainty the Clutch will fail and have to be replaced? at around what milage should I note this?
Clutch rarely goes beyond 22,000 mile (35,405 Ki.)
Of course, depending on driving style. This according to Ferrari-Maserati service mgr.

·
Registered
52 Posts
F1 Pump and Clutch

Hello, The F1 pump and clutch are not related nor even close to each other. The Maser tech manual does not even mention the pump when instructing in the changing of the clutch. I have changed the pump on my 04 coupe and found it to be very easy to do and only took about 2 hours to change. The clutch on the other hand according to the manual seems like a very hard thing to do and you would also need some special tools, although I would give it a try rather than pay a dealer.....

·
Registered
211 Posts
would the clutch and f1 pump not be covered by the warranty?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts