Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 with the nav system. I've been trying to use the voice activiation system but it does not appear to work or its not set for Engish...). As I live in Switzerland and according the manual it should work but the system always responds in Italian.

Any advice?

As for the CD Changer it appears to skip or miss read CD regular. Has anyone had this problme. :twisted: :?:

·
Registered
252 Posts
You could try going into your setup menu and change to english, But have heard some say they could not change that way and needed a dealer fix for this. Yes CD changer sucks, Mine also did that and half the time it showed I had no CD's even loaded

·
Registered
252 Posts
Never asked about that, As the stereo more or less sucked anyway I just turned it way down and listened to my Tubi. have since traded in and am now loving my Mark Levenison Stereo in my Lexus. Hoping Maserati addressees the sound quality issue before I get another

·
Registered
37 Posts
Maserati to Lexus? Did you realize what you were getting into when you bought the Maser? Doesn't really seem like a fair trade.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Was thinking of a Ferrari so figured I could get a little taste by going with the Maserati. After owning 5 different sports cars in the last 7 years I just kinda got tired of the rough ride and lacking in creature comforts. Planning on driving in comfort for or a year or so and then either see what Maserati comes out with next or possible a 430 Spider. Even though I really loved my Spyder I figure now is the time to criticize it's fault and see if Maserati makes some changes. Also I enjoy off roading and camping and my Lexus GX 470 is the perfect truck for it. Have allready taken my 6 year old camping twice where she never even got to go for a ride in my Spyder

·
Registered
242 Posts
This may sound like a dumb question, but is there a SEEK function for the CD player!?!?? I consider myself reasonably intelligent but could not find it anywhere in the manual, only scan to next song. Can a $100,000 car truly not have SEEK capability?? Can't wait to install a tubi.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hmmm... thanks bimbo, I guess there is a problem with MY radio then because it just skips to the next song. Off to the dealer.

·
Registered
255 Posts
ljjljj64 said:
I have a 2004 with the nav system. I've been trying to use the voice activiation system but it does not appear to work or its not set for Engish...). As I live in Switzerland and according the manual it should work but the system always responds in Italian.
Any advice?

Yes - my '02 coupe also "spoke Italian" when I first got it. You have to use the Navtech CD and service menu to load a different language into the system. I had the dealer fax me the instructions for this - it takes about 20 minutes.
Here is the full procedure:

a...ignition turned off
b...press left round button to turn system on
c...wait for initial Maserati logo to turn off
d...immediately press 'Main'
e...press 'Enter'(right hand knob)
f...press and hold "Audio off" for 5 seconds
g...press '1'
h...press '2'
i...press '3'
j...press 'Enter'(right hand knob)
k...turn right knob until 'Service' is highlighted
l...press 'Enter'(right hand knob)
m... select 'Voice Recognition Language' from the menu by turning the right knob and pressing enter
n... select 'English'
o...press 'Enter', and follow the on screen prompts waiting for the procedure to finish

The procedure must be completed without delay between the individual stages, sequence of button pressing should take no longer than 10 seconds. If 'Service' menu is not displayed turn off the system and repeat the procedure (faster). If the information system is not equipped with the telephone function the 'Voice Recognition Language' will not be displayed in the menu.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts