Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, remember me - vibrations at 2500.. still unresolved.. but they are willing to keep trying.. so will be visiting to drive with another maserati tech again..

in the meantime there is another vibration :mad: that has appeared even more pronounced, and it comes on when the engine cooling fan starts.. you can feel the vibe in the seat squab.. !

now I have always thought my engine cooling fan was a bit noisy but I thought "Hey .. there's some substantial displacement under there so it gets hot.." and now maybe it was noisy because a bearing was on it way out or something.. :rolleyes:

Anyone else had any probs in this area?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Rich

Sorry to hear your vibration is still unresolved, as is mine! Car has now been with the dealer for over 3 weeks and they still don't know what is causing the vibration, after extensive testing. They have replaced the clutch, tested the engine damper, checked for manifold leaks, checked the Cats and a variety of other items as well. In their search the have found that the engine is not as strong as it should be and that it is not burning fual as efficiently as it should, these two probably being related. They believe thee is a slight unevenness to the way the engine runs and that there are 3 distinct areas of vibration, 1500, 3000 and 4100 RPM, with the lower one being worst.

Dealer does want to solve the problem but has never experienced anything like this before and is in regular contact with Maserati in Italy for advice and aslo to get approval to carry out work to the engine, which I understand is a slow process! Their latest was to ask that the engine management unit be checked for the correct serial number to make sure it was the correct unit, don't know what the outcome was but am not getting my hopes up. Am going to give it until the end of this week but if still not resolved will contact Maserati UK and see what they can do as by then I will have been without the car for a whole month and whilst the dealer has given me an Alfa 159 courtesey car, I just want mine back. Not sure where we go if they cant fix it but wonder whether anyone else has had an experience similar to this?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
V sorry to hear that you arehavign the same issues still..

Which dealer are you going through?

is the car now up at North Acton?

·
Registered
660 Posts
If it's cared by the guys at N Acton... :rolleyes:

Q here is if the work is under warranty. If not, have a go at Verdi (not far away from there); ask to speak with Karl and he will help you. Not many options around London, unfortunately. Lancasters @ Colchester has a very good service center (this one is an official Maser dealer, so you could get work under warranty done there) but a bit far away (however can help you to get a discount on OEM parts there).

Anyway, it sucks. I have to send mine to N Acton for a pending work on the rear suspension and I'm reluctant to leave the car sitting there for 1 week (of which 3 days is waiting in the queue). But it's work on warranty.

At least they gave me an Audi A8 last time...

Ed

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Patience

Well the car's under warranty and frankly anythign I am not happy about gets looked at.. and when it goes back in a week or so I will have them look at the vibrations from the engine cooling fan that have now started and the noisy internal ventilation fan. And the chrome peeling off the handbrake handle and cup holder needs replacing.

Whilst I love the car, let's face it looks like nothing else on the road and you can leave most cars for dead..:D but it's build quality leaves alot to be desired.. :mad:

I have to say that in the space of three months two very attractive friends of my wife have simply been aghast at "how sexy the car is" when they get in.. I kid you not they simply can't help commenting on it. So that always brings a smile to my face :)

At least N Acton are trying.. they field maserati technicians everytime that we realise we have not resolved the vibration issue.. and seem to be committed to fixing it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hummm, if attractive then tell 'em there's a spare seat left on an equally sexy Maser... and in London..! :D

Nice to have those comments, bet NOT with the wifey by your side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts