Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Came out after work today to paint splotches on my car. This is a private 10 story ramp and was an unexpected surprise. Unsure of root cause but i suspect vandalism as i do a glance-over each morning after parking. No paint on nearby cars/ ground/ etc. The pattern is unusual but my white paint is hiding most of the marks. Almost as if someone flung a paint brush at it from a distance- my suspicion as contract workers nearby today. Ordering a dash cam immediately... however too late!

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Sorry to hear , that’s infuriating ! If yiure not completely confident you can do this yourself ( maybe start gently with some mild solvent , and claybar it , acetone night work but I’m very weary on those as it could possibly dull the clear coat ) take it it to a professional body shop, they might charge you only an hour labor to do a spot “ paint correction “ job .

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's f##k up sorry to hear that bud. People are so jealous about what others have but they dont want to work hard for it then they bit#h about, look at that person why does he or her have that and I dont, Let's fuc# it up. That very wrong and unfortunate that's how this world is today. Be happy for what hard works get you and everyone can get what they want in life.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Please please please DO NOT use alcohol, and especially not acetone, on your cars' paintwork!!! Take it to a professional detailer and he will work his magic with products designed for the job. Acetone is as bad as pouring brake fluid on your paint (REALLY bad), and alcohol is often used to prep panels for paintwork...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Isopropynol is OK. It's commonly used to remove wax. I use it all the time when I'm repairing rock chips.

I would not use methanol, though. Too harsh. Ethanol is very good, but I haven't tried it on the paint.

Hans.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dude. That. Sucks. Probably some jealous paint crew who did some work nearby. I would take it to the dealer to get detailed as they would have the most experience.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Not that it makes any difference to the resulting damage and the fix / solutions , but could this have been an accidental splash by the paint crew ( if they were close enough while working or when carelessly passing by your with the tools still wet - I did notice you said other cars were not splashed ), as opposed to a deliberate act ? Maybe they didn't notice, and even if they did they may have been afraid to reveal that, which still wouldn't excuse it, just thinking of other possibilities, to some asshole doing this on purpose..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts