Maserati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully an easy question for someone, I looked on a parts site to order a valve cover gasket on the RH side of vehicle and there are 2 part numbers listed. 211219 and 264986. Looking closely at the pictures of the two it appears that they added a built in rubber bushing to all the bolt holes in the 264986 version. I'm assuming 264986 is a new variant of the gasket, does anyone know? I'm just trying to figure out which one to order, i haven't taken mine apart yet to see which one i have, i would rather have the new gasket in hand before i do. if mine has the older 211219 gasket is there something i need to change if i switch to the 264986 gasket? If i under stand the diagram correctly if you have the 211219 gasket you need to have a bushing and rubber bushing with along with each bolt and washer. While the 264986 gasket only has to have the bolt and washer, you don't need the bushings because it is built into the gasket. Anyone who has done one of these please let me know what you found and which one you ordered. I'm including pictures of both gaskets so you can see what i'm talking about with the bolt hole bushings

Attachments

3,316 Posts
Best thing to do is call a local dealer and give them your VIN# and ask them...The parts catalog will make find the correct part# based on the VIN..

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had the same dilemma with my '11 quattroporte. Scuderia lists both numbers, eurospares only lists 211219 & (220) numbers. After some research I went with the 211219 (R) & 211220 (L) but I cant remember exactly why I went with those ones.
Havent installed yet so I can take a picture if you want close ups.

Let us know what the dealer says.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a busy day today, never had time to call, by the time I remembered it was 530. Hopefully parts is open on Saturday's

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called the dealership earlier, the parts department is closed on Saturday, kinda figured that would be the case. I'll call Monday

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hello,

so as an update the dealership told me the 211219 (R) & 211220 (L) is what i'm supposed to use. i'll be ordering one online (i don't know if i can say what website some forums frown upon that but it is a popular one) it is literally half the price of the dealer. Once i have it and tear it down i'll confirm back if it ended up being the right one :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
hello,

so as an update the dealership told me the 211219 (R) & 211220 (L) is what i'm supposed to use. i'll be ordering one online (i don't know if i can say what website some forums frown upon that but it is a popular one) it is literally half the price of the dealer. Once i have it and tear it down i'll confirm back if it ended up being the right one :)
You should probably change the gaskets for the spark plug holes too. if not, spray with some silicone. I am guessing the valve cover gaskets dry up easily when the car is not driven daily but others may know more....I heard some folks change every 3 years, which is ridiculous!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My gaskets are less than 10k miles old. Both valve covers and front engine gaskets. My passenger valve cover gasket is now leaking. Every so often, the oil will drip right on the exhaust manifold. Then a brief show of smoke......

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just to confirm 211219 (R) & 211220 (L) were the correct ones, after I removed the valve cover there is a little rubber tab on the gasket attached to one of the half moons that had the number printed on it

·
Registered
42 Posts
If it helps anyone else looking to replace their gaskets and spark plug tube seals, here is the part information for each below, as well as an eBay listing to get everything you need in a kit:

COMPLETE VALVE COVER GASKET SET

FOR MASERATI GRANTURISMO* AND QUATTROPORTE*

SET INCLUDES
VALVE COVER GASKET PART# 211220
VALVE COVER GASKET PART# 211219
SPARK PLUG TUBE SEALS x8 PART# 223982
OIL PRESSURE SOLENOID SEALS x2 PART# 228962

*FITS 2009+ GRANTURISMO/ GRANCABRIO/ MC UP TO ENGINE# 179078
AND 2007+ QUATTROPORTE (EXCLUDING DUO-SELECT MODELS) UP TO ENGINE# 179078

1 - 17 of 17 Posts