Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte GT S, 2008
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need to connect a solenoid valve to the control of the vacuum valves on my exhaust system on a QP GT S 2007-12 (retrofitted and adapted from GranTurismo S-2009). Which of the hoses should I connect the t-connector to?
I guess this is the vacuum tank? Photographed standing in front of the car to the left of the air filter box. Is it the right or left hose that I should connect to?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, everything works fine. Although I will probably use this mode about 0.1% ;)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hello PG_GTS...so you fitted OEM mufflers from a Gran Turismo to your Quattroporte? I've heard that the muffler hangers & mounts are the same? So you had to change the exhaust tips to the longer ones for the Quattroporte?

·
Registered
105 Posts
When I loosely hung a set ov tubi’s for a GT under my QP to see how to make it fit, I had the strong impression that you just have to extend the tips. But if you have a bit of patience I’m getting an old GT muffler to cut open and can put it next to one of my old gutted QP exhausts and than we know exactly what the difference is.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hello Ralph...I've studies pictures of the Gran Turismo Mufflers and it does indeed look like the hanging points are the same. I agree with your impression, it looks like the exhaust tips need to be extended maybe 6 or 8 inches to fit the Quattroporte. Waiting anxiously for your next update... :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Ralph...I've studies pictures of the Gran Turismo Mufflers and it does indeed look like the hanging points are the same. I agree with your impression, it looks like the exhaust tips need to be extended maybe 6 or 8 inches to fit the Quattroporte. Waiting anxiously for your next update... :)
Hello PG_GTS...so you fitted OEM mufflers from a Gran Turismo to your Quattroporte? I've heard that the muffler hangers & mounts are the same? So you had to change the exhaust tips to the longer ones for the Quattroporte?
Hi, sorry for late reply. Unfortunately, I did not make the modification. According to the old owner, they had switched to mufflers from a GranTurismo S, and cutted and welded longer end tubes. Sounds really nice after the modification

·
Registered
105 Posts
As requested I did a comparison between the OEM back boxes of our QP and GT. See attached picks. So we already knew that to convert a set of GT boxes to fit the QP the tips have to be extended about 13 cm. But also the mounting bars need a small adjustment, they need to be shortened 1.5 cm on the outside and prolonged about 4 cm for the inside mounting point. All easily done by any welding/exhaust shop, so I am on the lookout for GC back boxes!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ralph....Thank You so much for posting this great information. Just FYI...there is a set of QP Sport-GTS Mufflers on ebay right now, priced at $1,800 with $1,100 shipping, for a grand total of "only" $2,900 - yikes!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts