Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck getting an SD card with MP3's to work on their Becker system? (mine is a GS if it matters)

The book says that one can select the card slot as if it were a CD, but I can't get it to recognize one.

I'm a bit ignorant on this topic, do I need to format the card in some special way or maybe put the songs in a specific directory?

Thanks!

·
Registered
390 Posts
You mean the phone thing? The manual says it's disabled on US cars. Dang, that'd be a great idea!! What format are those phone sim cards?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not a phone thing - if one pops-out the removable faceplate, on the lower left (under the single-CD slot) is a slot for an SD card.

The manual says that it is for MP3's and that they have found "no incompatible cards" so far.

It further shows how it is supposed to be accessed just like one of the CD's would.

Makes a ton of sense to have this feature, now if I could only get it to work...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more thing: the manual refers to it as a slot for a "Multi-media Card", I can only assume that is the same thing as a standard SD card, correct?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Playing MP3 from the MMC slot

RQ,

This option is only applicable to GS models and the anniversary Spyder as they use the OEM version of the Becker Online Pro. The manufacturer recommends a MMC card which is slightly different than the SD card...not dimensionally however and the SD card seems to have quicker access and store more...its working for me. I ripped several CD's to MP3 and the unit worked fine. The headunit however will not read AAC/MPEG4 files which are used by iTunes so you may want to check the format of your files. When I put my card in the slot...I can toggle between single CD, CD changer and MP3 card...using the lower left button on the face. When MP3 is playing the head unit will scroll artist and song title across its face.

Bottom line...it should work in your car...check your recording format first...owners manual has additional info and try a MMC card if that doesn't work. I enjoy about 10 disks on such a small medium however, the cards are $100/pop for 1MB and its not easy to change cards since the face has to come off...I'm still looking for a hard disk solution to replace my CD changer

Good Luck

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Tyler!

I'll look for an MMC card, that is too nice a feature not to use.

I'm only ripping my own CD's which works well in other players so hopefully that part is ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts