Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
i wonder why this is for sale. in other words, do they not have a customer order for this one or did that customer walk? i also wonder what they would sell it for. i know we talk about the limited production of the S, but i have to believe in this economy these cars may go for below sticker.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wonder why this is for sale. in other words, do they not have a customer order for this one or did that customer walk? i also wonder what they would sell it for. i know we talk about the limited production of the S, but i have to believe in this economy these cars may go for below sticker.
I think its a given that cash buyers will be in the power position and I would guess that one in Arizona can be had right now for under sticker. Heck on FerrariChat, there's talk of low mileage F430 coupes selling for $165-$170k right now in today's market. That's not too far off what a GranTurismo S stickers at. Its a buyer's market, but few are buying. The big question for me personally is if things stay on this economic trend or worse by the time mine comes in Feb./March I too may reconsider my option as a matter of priorities. This car would simply be a weekend car in my circumstances. I'm in the boat with many others that have seen significant drops in their business this year. That being said, I know once mine comes in and I hear that burbling exhaust for the first time, it will be hard to pass up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A very heavily loaded Blu Mediterraneo GT-S was in the showroom here in Hong Kong, interesting looking but not my cup of tea really. I agree though in regards to this being a buyers market with few if any buyers. A friend was at a local dealership today and saw a very nice Bentley Arnage, to make a long story short the dealer offered him about 112,000 USD off the asking price!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Maybe it's because someone painted the Scottsdale GT-S interior with lipstick?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think its a given that cash buyers will be in the power position and I would guess that one in Arizona can be had right now for under sticker. Heck on FerrariChat, there's talk of low mileage F430 coupes selling for $165-$170k right now in today's market. That's not too far off what a GranTurismo S stickers at. Its a buyer's market, but few are buying. The big question for me personally is if things stay on this economic trend or worse by the time mine comes in Feb./March I too may reconsider my option as a matter of priorities. This car would simply be a weekend car in my circumstances. I'm in the boat with many others that have seen significant drops in their business this year. That being said, I know once mine comes in and I hear that burbling exhaust for the first time, it will be hard to pass up.
totally agree. if economy/markets continue to worsen, i too may find it hard to pull the trigger on mine when it arrives. will be interesting to watch the supply/demand for these and other luxury cars over the coming months, but i bet it gets worse (becomes more a buyers market, assuming there are enough buyers even out there).

·
Registered
742 Posts
Whats the difference between a pigeon and a Hedge Fund Manager....

The pigeon can still leave a deposit on a Ferrari.... (Ha ha, not trying to offend anyone)...

But the reality of our current economy is bleak.. Real estate is declining, quality equities and companies for that matter are going to 0.... Business is down down down...

I find it very hard to believe that people will be paying up for anything... That includes cars... The rich will still be rich and have cash... But times have gotten a little tougher for a lot of people...

Cash is certainly king, and I do not think anyone should pay sticker at this point for a new GTS... At 140... you are pushing real close to the pre owned F 430... Yes I know they are night and day, but if you can afford, 140, 165 - 170 should not be a deal breaker.. And while they are two different cars, the F 430 will hold its value much better than the Maz..... And well, it may be the best Ferrari on the road now...

The value of our cars drop like rocks... The dealers know this, and I bet are willing to give back a little room on the price...

Can we get any auction prices on the new GT??

Good luck to all that are getting the GTS.. Please post pictures..

CM

·
Registered
284 Posts
One is sitting on the showroom floor at FMOC, in the Costa Mesa showroom. I took some pics today, I will try to upload later if I can figure out how.

Eric

·
Registered
107 Posts
One is sitting on the showroom floor at FMOC, in the Costa Mesa showroom. I took some pics today, I will try to upload later if I can figure out how.

Eric
guys, that's at least two that we know about that are sitting in showrooms not sold. considering they just started arriving, that's shocking. and it's not because they are asking above sticker - i'm sure they are not. also considering these two are for sale in high income areas (scottsdale and orange county), tells me demand is dropping like a rock and i think it gets worse. for those that have a GT-S coming in, i would negotiate. i'm sure the dealer is going to give you the rap about these being limited production, etc, which is all true. it is a great car. but the reality is it is very much a buyers market.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Guys - We got ours today.

Cars on showroom floors are dealer demos, and not supposed to be for sale.

These are all similarly spec'd, and were pre-built in the factory and held so they all arrived at dealers at around the same time. (so built before and after the factory summer break)

We got ours this morning, I just drove it a few minutes ago - it's awesome.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I am honestly not getting excited over that car.

A lot of cash and I don't think it really has the pizzaz they want it to have.

That red interior is a bit over the top. I'd like to see that black car with a tan interior, black carpets, black stitching, etc.

God luck to them hawking those cars in this market!

·
Registered
71 Posts
They had one for sale at Maserati of Palm Beach. It was there for a few days and they told me that if they will not sell it MNA will take it from them.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It's a shame that the GT-S is not selling well, I think it's the nicest GT out there.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I think the cars you are seeing on the lots are from those that had to cancel their order due to job and/or stock market losses.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
A very heavily loaded Blu Mediterraneo GT-S was in the showroom here in Hong Kong, interesting looking but not my cup of tea really. I agree though in regards to this being a buyers market with few if any buyers. A friend was at a local dealership today and saw a very nice Bentley Arnage, to make a long story short the dealer offered him about 112,000 USD off the asking price!
slightly different comparison.
arnage is going out of production. the rich folks who wanted one bought one already, years ago.

the GT-S is brand new if someone wants their GT sans Automatic transmission.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.