Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I loved how the sound was more pronounced and not as muffled, but I liked the sweeter tones of the stock pipe better

·
Registered
353 Posts
The stock sound is VERY refined. The Xpipe makes the sound a bit more ragged - but very cool IMO. What I will say is that 5 hrs, the pipe will still be hella raspy. I didnt like mine as much early days. after 3-4 weeks i loved it. OP is giving it away TOO SOON IMO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The stock sound is VERY refined. The Xpipe makes the sound a bit more ragged - but very cool IMO. What I will say is that 5 hrs, the pipe will still be hella raspy. I didnt like mine as much early days. after 3-4 weeks i loved it. OP is giving it away TOO SOON IMO.
I have to agree with you... the factory pipe sounds good, but the removal of the resonator and having just the x-pipe does sound more 'tough' in that regard. I also seem to notice a bit more pop/crackle on deceleration than before, which I dig.

I also did the electronic muffler bypass valve on mine, so I can roll in Sport or normal mode with the mufflers dumped all the time. You get a lot more sound at the lower RPM's when the factory exhaust is typically closed, and now I understand why they have them open up/close vs. stay open all the time. There is a bit of drone to them when fully dumped and at a specific RPM range. Thankfully, a push of a button takes it back to stock and she's purring again.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I love the sport sound but for longer drives on the freeway, it's back to normal mode to save my ears from the constant pounding. Then as soon as I hit the exit, it's back to sport.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is the reason I'm selling it. Didnt like the rasp...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts