Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I loved how the sound was more pronounced and not as muffled, but I liked the sweeter tones of the stock pipe better

·
Registered
395 Posts
The stock sound is VERY refined. The Xpipe makes the sound a bit more ragged - but very cool IMO. What I will say is that 5 hrs, the pipe will still be hella raspy. I didnt like mine as much early days. after 3-4 weeks i loved it. OP is giving it away TOO SOON IMO.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The stock sound is VERY refined. The Xpipe makes the sound a bit more ragged - but very cool IMO. What I will say is that 5 hrs, the pipe will still be hella raspy. I didnt like mine as much early days. after 3-4 weeks i loved it. OP is giving it away TOO SOON IMO.
I have to agree with you... the factory pipe sounds good, but the removal of the resonator and having just the x-pipe does sound more 'tough' in that regard. I also seem to notice a bit more pop/crackle on deceleration than before, which I dig.

I also did the electronic muffler bypass valve on mine, so I can roll in Sport or normal mode with the mufflers dumped all the time. You get a lot more sound at the lower RPM's when the factory exhaust is typically closed, and now I understand why they have them open up/close vs. stay open all the time. There is a bit of drone to them when fully dumped and at a specific RPM range. Thankfully, a push of a button takes it back to stock and she's purring again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is the reason I'm selling it. Didnt like the rasp...

·
Premium Member
2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport
74 Posts
Oh ok. I imagine shipping is a pain and would be back to the original price then. Did you notice and performance loss? When the windows were up, was it still fairly quiet in the car? Easy to have conversation? Getting older so I enjoy a nice sexy loud sound but not like the old days when my vette has a cutout and you could hear me 2 miles away. The Mrs would be pissed....well maybe that isn’t such a bad idea....hmmm. Kidding

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh ok. I imagine shipping is a pain and would be back to the original price then. Did you notice and performance loss? When the windows were up, was it still fairly quiet in the car? Easy to have conversation? Getting older so I enjoy a nice sexy loud sound but not like the old days when my vette has a cutout and you could hear me 2 miles away. The Mrs would be pissed....well maybe that isn’t such a bad idea....hmmm. Kidding
I felt like the car got a little faster in the upper rev range and lost a little torque down low. I loved the way the upshift and downshifts had a pronounced crack, it was glorious. The x-pipe, in my opinion, makes the car perfectly loud, maybe around like the average Ferrari in terms of loudness. All in all, if you can wait out the rasp, this will be an awsome upgrade for your car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts