Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a '14 GT MC and have some sticky parts. The worst is the nav/radio surround. Anybody ever purchase these off ebay? My car has some interior carbon fiber options and I think the screen surround would look good but I am not sure of the quality or look of this? They also do some other interior bits

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have bought some Urutu stuff in the past and I’ve been happy but the CF trim is not real CF, it’s hydro dipped. It’s a good compromise IMO, but it’s not CF.

If you want real CF you will have to find another seller. Real CF parts are much more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does not have to be real carbon fiber. Its not like those parts weigh anything. I am just curious if it looks like the OEM interior carbon fiber since it would be up against that dash trim piece?.

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
357 Posts
It does not have to be real carbon fiber. Its not like those parts weigh anything. I am just curious if it looks like the OEM interior carbon fiber since it would be up against that dash trim piece?.
I actually bought the seat levers from them and I thought it was a good compromise - since 3 of my original ones were broken. Truth be told I prefer the 'metal looking' ones but I know these will last a lot longer. I was considering replacing my central vent but the hydro dipped frame from them is $190 - you can get the entire vent, brand new less the clock of course from Scuderia for $165 - to me that is not even a consideration. Sure CF is pricey but I don't think the hydro dipped fake CF should be more expansive than an entire part that is brand new.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Will not be congruent with your factory OEM dash ribbon. Will look tacky and cheap. To me hydrodipping is the interior equivalent to caliper covers. Only looks good from afar and becomes worse the closer you get.

I’d rather get a new OEM piece or live with the sticky. Can’t speak to quality or company but that portion is irrelevant to me; Simply wouldn’t be my choice for a replacement piece/

Real CF overlay
64E8CE2E-6E9F-4117-8D59-80644E33B224.jpeg

VS.
890F23E8-5E5E-4915-B651-A360F46D5DBA.jpeg

Hydro

·
Registered
2009 GranTurismo S
44 Posts
So is there a company out there that does real CF parts that folks buy from? About the only one I've been seeing is some of the FD stuff. I also saw some that were out of Europe somewhere that are real CF overlays but that seems kind a tacky too. But I have a few sticky parts and instead of just refinishing or replacing them I thought about finding some CF parts.

My car came with CF pattern wrap over several areas of interior. I plan on staring to pull that off in the near future as some is already peeling away. And it's on the trim pieces that are supposed to be piano black that don't get sticky I think.

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
357 Posts
Yeah doesn't look like the real thing. CF has a 3D look to it, this looks completely flat.
I think the key is consistency If the had all the parts you could almost pull it off but they don’t have the centre console and the emergency button / door lock plate. So for me it would be fake carbon vent, dark brown wood trim, fake carbon around the screen and the stereo, silver for emergency button, black center console - throw in some cup holder liner LEDs and it all looks like a proper French whore house. Don’t get me wrong house of ill repute has its charms - but it is not a great stylistic yardstick for taking cues for pimping out your ride.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Will not be congruent with your factory OEM dash ribbon. Will look tacky and cheap. To me hydrodipping is the interior equivalent to caliper covers. Only looks good from afar and becomes worse the closer you get.

I’d rather get a new OEM piece or live with the sticky. Can’t speak to quality or company but that portion is irrelevant to me; Simply wouldn’t be my choice for a replacement piece/

Real CF overlay
View attachment 136459
VS.
View attachment 136460
Hydro
I've seen some impressive hydrodipped parts, that look very close to the real thing. This is definitely not one of them.

I get it though, CF on a heavy grand tourer is kind of ridiculous, real or fake. So why not just go with the fake stuff, it's all cosmetic anyway.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've seen some impressive hydrodipped parts, that look very close to the real thing. This is definitely not one of them.

I get it though, CF on a heavy grand tourer is kind of ridiculous, real or fake. So why not just go with the fake stuff, it's all cosmetic anyway.
Interior trim is aluminium overlayed with carbon. So its not really any weight saving compared to the platic ones 🙈

·
Premium Member
86 Posts

Because the fake stuff looks like crap, thats the reason to not get it. It looks worse than the normal piece.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I actually bought the seat levers from them and I thought it was a good compromise - since 3 of my original ones were broken. Truth be told I prefer the 'metal looking' ones but I know these will last a lot longer. I was considering replacing my central vent but the hydro dipped frame from them is $190 - you can get the entire vent, brand new less the clock of course from Scuderia for $165 - to me that is not even a consideration. Sure CF is pricey but I don't think the hydro dipped fake CF should be more expansive than an entire part that is brand new.
I forgot I do have this part from them. This is not hydro-dipped like the clock above, it’s real overlay. I actually preferred the metal ‘chrome’ ones too, only because they were easier to see! These sort of get lost within the seat, especially at night with tinted windows.
They’re fair/ok quality, the finish is fair and they weren’t cut straight.. but they weren’t all that much either.

8565968D-238D-4A12-9BF0-D39E81C6ABF9.jpeg

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just purchased a '14 GT MC and have some sticky parts. The worst is the nav/radio surround. Anybody ever purchase these off ebay? My car has some interior carbon fiber options and I think the screen surround would look good but I am not sure of the quality or look of this? They also do some other interior bits

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I purchased a number of the buttons and bezel trim from Scuderia Car Parts and was extremely happy with the quality and the pricing. It’s a great compromise between getting quality original parts and saving quite a bit off the dealership prices. The installation of the parts on the Maserati GranTurismo are pretty straight forward and easy as well plus their support is phenomenal. So I call it a definite win win.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts