Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace the stock nav/stereo unit with something a little more high-tech. There's several units which offer more accurate nav units as well as a bluetooth interface. Not so much concerned about audio quality since I'd rather listed to the engine, but do need accurate navigation (although I haven't really tested the stock nav yet, I can't imagine it's the most updated maps out there).

Would love to see pics and hear details of anyone else's projects.

TIA

·
Registered
312 Posts
mille162 said:
Looking to replace the stock nav/stereo unit with something a little more high-tech. There's several units which offer more accurate nav units as well as a bluetooth interface. Not so much concerned about audio quality since I'd rather listed to the engine, but do need accurate navigation (although I haven't really tested the stock nav yet, I can't imagine it's the most updated maps out there).

Would love to see pics and hear details of anyone else's projects.

TIA
The kid with pimples at the 7-11 store that just moved in from another state would be a more accurate Nav unit!

Do think about one of these portables. They are very cool, you can update them through your computer; have add ons like travel guides. I bought a Garmin 360 and it is clearly the best of the 7 factory Nav Systems I've owned. I've never given my $2,000 factory installed system another thought. I just let it float in the car, pick it up and look at it when I need it, prop it up on the steering column (sets in there like it was made for it on the QP, take it into the house or hotel to set up for the next day's needs. And it tracks top speed, MPH, driving time and such. Just a superior unit. Sometimes simplicity is the best path - was for me anyhow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts