Maserati Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
did you ever get the system not programmed issue resolved? also do you have the manufacturers details as the original ebay link is dead? by the way it looks good

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Looks great and you get rid of a few sticky buttons/knobs in the process... 👍

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
did you ever get the system not programmed issue resolved? also do you have the manufacturers details as the original ebay link is dead? by the way it looks good
not yet, i had my TPMS replaced thinking possibly maybe causing issue. TPMS replaced for the code light and cleared but "System NOT Programmed" is still there. I have been in contact with the engineering team and they are looking to see what the problem could be. when i hear back i will post. you get the Yellow yield sign on the dash 'System not programmed". I take a closer look myself to see if there is anything else the car needs to communicate with or maybe firmware that needs to be updated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello 2008GTS. I’ve been tirelessly researching a quality head unit upgrade for the QP. I’m hesitant on the Chinese products especially because they aren’t cheap. Is yours by AuCar?

are you happy with your install?

all information is appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello 2008GTS. I’ve been tirelessly researching a quality head unit upgrade for the QP. I’m hesitant on the Chinese products especially because they aren’t cheap. Is yours by AuCar?

Thank you.
Hello,

Not Cheap ? Not for this audio car. I'm happy. I used this summer and I had very happy to use Waze, bluetooth, usb music.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Hello,

Not Cheap ? Not for this audio car. I'm happy. I used this summer and I had very happy to use Waze, bluetooth, usb music.

Thank you.
fo

Thank you.
Hello CZ Trader,

overall it has been a great addition. you will have to buy the dual antenna for the radio since the Quattroporte uses dual air.
FAKRA Z Adapter Fakra Z Female to Y Type 2 X Fakra Z Male Connector Splitter Combiner Cable Pigtail RG174 20CM

Plug Female on your radio, and plug Fakra White and Yellow from your car on the Fakra Z Male. That's all. (From Megaman)

i still have a "System Not Programmed" on the dashboard that stays on, i have open ticket with Engineering as they try to trace down the issue. Everything works fine. Apps, emails, videos, Audio quality is amazing, quick response screen. The original radio unit was removed and does NOT have to be installed in the trunk like many others i had searched for a unit. I hope this helps. I will post when engineering comes back with fix for the 'System Not Programmed'

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
fo

Hello CZ Trader,

overall it has been a great addition. you will have to buy the dual antenna for the radio since the Quattroporte uses dual air.
FAKRA Z Adapter Fakra Z Female to Y Type 2 X Fakra Z Male Connector Splitter Combiner Cable Pigtail RG174 20CM

Plug Female on your radio, and plug Fakra White and Yellow from your car on the Fakra Z Male. That's all. (From Megaman)

i still have a "System Not Programmed" on the dashboard that stays on, i have open ticket with Engineering as they try to trace down the issue. Everything works fine. Apps, emails, videos, Audio quality is amazing, quick response screen. The original radio unit was removed and does NOT have to be installed in the trunk like many others i had searched for a unit. I hope this helps. I will post when engineering comes back with fix for the 'System Not Programmed'
ps
i bought mine from this website. He is very responsive and helped with questions very fast.

03-13 Maserati Quattroporte AuCar 12.1" Tesla Style Android 9.0 Touchs

·
Registered
110 Posts
To complete, I think that the answer could be very long for the 'system not programmed' error, especially if it is a firmware problem.
I think there must be an option in the hidden submenus to activate but I did not find it, as it was the case for the radio. There are also other types of firmware in the submenus, probably to be compatible with other ECUs. I tried several but nothing.

I think it's beyond the skills of the salesmen because I had to find the cable for the connection of the radio (fakra) and find the option to check in the hidden sub-menu by myself.

I will have to wait for the return of the supplier and their tests. But if they don't have any vehicles on hand, it could be long. Moreover, for some cars, they might let things drag on.

·
Registered
2007 Maserati Quattroporte
17 Posts
I purchase one a while back but have not installed yet, waiting for winter then I will put the Mas up. Anyhow been following along and this thread has helped in making my decision on the upgrade

Reactions: CZ Trader

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Thank you for the reply and excellent information. One last thing: how closely does the carbon fiber pattern match the Maserati OEM pattern? Really appreciate the advice. Thank you!
The Carbon fiber follows the pattern but its a darker carbon fiber compared to my 2008 QGTS so i not sure if my original carbon figer has lightened a bit over the years. I put in carbon fiber Vents and they match the color. I will try to post closer pictures shortly.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts