Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello,

I changed my radio with an android. Before posting, since I'm not completely done, I'd rather not comment at this time.
I wil post later.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my example on my 2008 QP. I am still waiting for a cable to have a complete test.
Hello,

awesome, please update when install is complete. thank you for taking time to post. it looks great from your photo. it was kind of hard to see online what it would look like.

·
Registered
110 Posts
yes. No Pb. I have a technical problem that I want to correct before explaining everything. All I can say is that once everything is up and running, it will be a great product.

·
Registered
09 QP S
8 Posts
yes. No Pb. I have a technical problem that I want to correct before explaining everything. All I can say is that once everything is up and running, it will be a great product.
Looks great. Small issue, but can you adjust the car clock?

·
Registered
110 Posts
yes you can. But I'm waiting my connector from china and after, I'll write my experience and how to disassemble the old radio.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello,

Pros:
  • MP3 playback via blutooth is perfect. The sound is very good.
  • The video playback also works very well. The image is beautiful.
  • It is possible to split the screen to have the GPS and underneath the radio or MP3
  • It is possible to put on USB key MP3. The sound is better than with the original installation
  • I succeeded in adding the 4G with a USB key 4G which is connected on 1 of the 2 USB plugs with the radio.
  • The screen is quite responsive even if it is not at the level of an iPad.
  • The clock is programmed via the radio
  • You can also access the centralized locking information via the menu
  • The buttons on the steering wheel are functional

Cons :
  • Error on the dashboard "system not programmed". I did not find for the moment but it is not annoying.
  • Adjustment of the plastics that are not as good as the original

Not yet tested properly:
  • The radio. I had to order another cable to connect the radio. For a QP 2008, the supplied cables are not enough. But not yet tested to see if everything works.
  • The GPS. A cable is provided with the radio. I have connected the original one but I have not yet been able to test it.

I am preparing a video on youtube to show the dismantling of the old radio.

·
Registered
110 Posts
News, GPS works perfectly. But I have problem with Radio. I think we have an powered antenna and when I plug the wire, I don't receive radio and I think it is because the antenna is not power by the radio.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think I find why it doesn't works. FM amp is not powered. There is a cable with 12V for amp that I must connect.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello,

Pros:
  • MP3 playback via blutooth is perfect. The sound is very good.
  • The video playback also works very well. The image is beautiful.
  • It is possible to split the screen to have the GPS and underneath the radio or MP3
  • It is possible to put on USB key MP3. The sound is better than with the original installation
  • I succeeded in adding the 4G with a USB key 4G which is connected on 1 of the 2 USB plugs with the radio.
  • The screen is quite responsive even if it is not at the level of an iPad.
  • The clock is programmed via the radio
  • You can also access the centralized locking information via the menu
  • The buttons on the steering wheel are functional

Cons :
  • Error on the dashboard "system not programmed". I did not find for the moment but it is not annoying.
  • Adjustment of the plastics that are not as good as the original

Not yet tested properly:
  • The radio. I had to order another cable to connect the radio. For a QP 2008, the supplied cables are not enough. But not yet tested to see if everything works.
  • The GPS. A cable is provided with the radio. I have connected the original one but I have not yet been able to test it.

I am preparing a video on youtube to show the dismantling of the old radio.
Hello,

were you able to find out what caused the 'System Not Programmed' ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello,

There is an hidden menu. I activate option for FM. Now that's ok. But I don't find for 'System not programmed'. I send a mail in china. I'm waiting a response.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello,

There is an hidden menu. I activate option for FM. Now that's ok. But I don't find for 'System not programmed'. I send a mail in china. I'm waiting a response.
could you tell me what mode or how to get to activate it? i only find the reginal and select N.America. is this the same setting or different?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts