Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been thinking about upgrading my Gransport stereo, to an alpine or pioneer unit to replace the stock radio.

This is just because I feel the technology of the stock one is kind of too simple, and outdated.

I'm looking to have a "gooseneck" type unit that will be used mostly for GPS, Radio, CD, DVD. I think it will dress up my interior a bit. Anyone done this or tried this on their gransport? Also I have the auditorium 200, is it worth it for me to upgrade the speakers? I'm not really a car audio nut, I'm just looking for a system that can do much more than my stock analog unit.

Any experience? :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody done this?

I have attached a pic of the center dash where its located. If the screen comes up it will block the knobs for the heat, etc and it is on an angle so I don't think it can open up fully vertically. Will this affect it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Personally, I think a stereo like the one you posted above will unbalance the interior and the character of the car. Those stereos are better suited for japan cars.

I've kept the original Infotainment unit, which is an OEM version of the Becker Online Pro.

If I upgrade then I would get the latest Becker unit (also used in newer Ferrari models), like the Becker Cascade Pro. It has all the goodies, like bluetooth, colored display to match the colors of the car, GPS navigation, mp3 player etc. In addition, it matches the car interior and looks like the original unit (which is a plus).

I haven't done so because the existing unit covers my requirements, I only play mp3 files.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see.. the alpine is used in lots of euro cars as well, I dont know if i want to go from becker to newer becker. It looks like the same system to me, still crap. But I also don't want to compromise my interior as little as possible.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
well, I guess it depends on your definition of "crap" in this case.

the Becker Cascade Pro looks the same as the original unit (except from the colorful display) and pretty much has what the above Alpine stereo has with the exception of the big LCD and the video features.

personally, I'm not interested to watch videos while I drive a Maserati... and even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to do so at the speeds that I'm driving.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, I guess it depends on your definition of "crap" in this case.

the Becker Cascade Pro looks the same as the original unit (except from the colorful display) and pretty much has what the above Alpine stereo has with the exception of the big LCD and the video features.

personally, I'm not interested to watch videos while I drive a Maserati... and even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to do so at the speeds that I'm driving.
Nobody's gonna watch videos while I'm driving my car. To me it is too basic a unit, with a useless GPS. I wouldn't mind not having to reach into the glove to set up my GPS anytime I'm driving fast somewhere so I don't have to fiddle with it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You can do a in dash in you car. We have done a couple Maserati's in the past, and they came out really good looking. At this moment you might want to check out Pioneer units. They're units looks simple and don't stand out too much, but the units come with really cool features like Bluetooth, Ipod capabilities, they play MP3', and much more. The GPS maps are good and on point. Also these units will last a long time.

On your Grandsport you could also replace the interior speakers with better ones. I would suggest to install a four channel amp to enhance your sound, and even throw in a sub in the trunk. You will be able to play the music at higher volume and the distortion that is caused by the factory speakers and factory radio will be eliminated .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts