Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for bid a used set of speakers removed from an 05 Maserati Spyder. see pictures below. There are total of six speakers-2x 6.5” woofers, 2x 5.25” midrange and 2 tweeters. These speakers are “made in Italy” by a manufacture, ASK, I haven’t yet able to find its company website. The material used on both 5.25 and 6.5 woofers is paper, yes paper, not titanium not polypropylene but paper. The tweeters are made of some sort of plastics that have significant flaws, bubbles on the surface of the cone.

The reason I am selling these speakers is because the speakers are not capable of reproducing any good quality sound and had to replace them with MB Quart’s. MB Quart by are far the best speakers in its price range. Crisp and clear sound.

Serious bidders only… starting bid $1,000.00 (once again, these speakers were originally installed in a 100K+ car)

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While I was installing the speakers I found something interesting. I believe the two front speakers are wired in series while the rest of the system in parallel. I accidentally inverted the + and - on one of the 6.5" and the entire system stopped working, no sound. I fliped the tweeter and the midrange but the did not get the same effect. Having tried above, I think the two 6.5's are wired in series then connected to the xover. Why would they want create more impedance to lower the sound quality?

In the thread

http://www.maseratiforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=230

FrankieP mentioned his system seized working after two weeks. Could it be because one of the 6.5's is blown, perhaps the xover?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd like to upgrade my speakers. What specifically did you use (speakers, sizes)? Did you replace the rear speakers?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll sell you my old ones...hahah...

MB Quart premium 6.5's for the front and 5.25 rear self speakers. 150W Kenwood powered sub. PM me if you need the pinout diag. front speaker grilles and tweeters are clipped on, so are quite easy to remove. rear shelf speakers are a bit tricky, rollbar covers have to be removed first to gain access to the screws holding the grilles.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I am ready for some new speakers....

haha said:
i'll sell you my old ones...hahah...

MB Quart premium 6.5's for the front and 5.25 rear self speakers. 150W Kenwood powered sub. PM me if you need the pinout diag. front speaker grilles and tweeters are clipped on, so are quite easy to remove. rear shelf speakers are a bit tricky, rollbar covers have to be removed first to gain access to the screws holding the grilles.
Hahah

How much better do your new speakers sound? Can you provide the exact model number(s) for the MB speakers you used? Are the door speakers different in a Coupe vs a Spyder?

I want to swap out my door and rear speakers. Can you please provide a little advice and guidance on how to swap out the speakers. Can I just remove the grills? Do I have to remove the door panels?

Is this an easy swap in the front two doors? How hard is it to replace the back two speakers?

For now I want to add a better quality of speaker. Hopefully I will notice a better quality of sound. I am not ready to mess with the amp.

Thanks in advance for you help. CM

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chris7469 said:
How much better do your new speakers sound? Can you provide the exact model number(s) for the MB speakers you used? Are the door speakers different in a Coupe vs a Spyder?
have you checked your PM?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
haha
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing