Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have an '05 QP with 34 K Mi. After sitting for 7 months during a home remodel, I realized my battery tender had, somewhere along the line, been disconnected. The battery, which was about a year and half old, was completely dead. It took me 2 days in order to attain a charge sufficient to be able to start it. The radio, etc. reported a failure, and asked for an input to make it work. I headed for my mechanic (about 5 miles away). When I pulled up to the door, I got a transmission failure, followed by an engine failure, and the car died. Two weeks later my mechanic (Yorks and Lancs), who is actually a Jaguar shop, told me they could no longer communicate with the computer, and it would no longer start. I'm now in the process to get it towed to a Maserati service about 7 miles away. When I drove it to their shop, everything was fine, right up to the point that it died. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I really love this car. I put 15k miles on it without any problems. I now have an 09 GTS MC, which I purchased 7 months ago, so I rarely drive it, except for family outings. Would appreciate any info I can get. Thank you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yep. As stated above, battery could not be holding charge or alternator not charging. Batteries do not like to completely discharged.

4,630 Posts
No worries..A lot of folks just follow and post on the vehicles they own..Jason

·
Registered
576 Posts
Make sure they Load Test the battery. Just having a static 12.5 volts isn't necessarily a good battery. As Goggles stated above, batteries do not respond well to a complete and total discharge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts