Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi from Tasmania - does anyone know the cause and fix for my 2008 GT's problem. After ignition I get a message on the central console screen "Update - Keep the engine running to update. The system will restart. Continue - Yes" then "unsuccessful configuration" . And then even though the car runs the dashboard console is totally black and the needles rest at 0. It renders the car almost undrivable with no speedometer, RPM, temperature gauges etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Fixed the issue by disconnecting the battery for 10 mins. Only disconnected the negative side by releasing the leaver. Reconnected it and then turned the key so all the electronics turned on again. Had to reset date and time and a temporary issue with the driver side door lock, but all good now, So unplugging then re-plugging the computer works!

·
Super Moderator
4,440 Posts
Wild guess it needs a proxi alignment, if the car new to you, or has it failed suddenly?

C

·
Registered
450 Posts
If it needs a proxi alignment it won't be fixed by disconnecting the battery.

Since it's now working fine I wouldn't worry about it. Disconnecting the battery is called the Italian reboot, and fixes all kinds of electrical gremlins on Maseratis/Ferraris.

Since your car is a 2018 it has the new Chrysler infotainment system. This might be the issue Fiat Chrysler Pushed A UConnect Update That Causes Constant Reboots With No Announced Fix (Updated)

You might want to try this (park somewhere with good satellite access) A fix is rolling out for Chrysler’s rebooting screen problem, but some car batteries have already died

Or just take it to the dealer if it happens again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts