Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

what would you guys say are the typical features/character traits of the 'typical' Maserati owner (if there is one)?

And how do they differ from somebody who buys a sports car from another brands, say Ferrari/Porsche/Aston Martin?

I'd love to hear some opinions, they would really help me with my application for a job as a host at a car fair!

Thanks in advance!!

·
5,887 Posts
Hi everybody,

what would you guys say are the typical features/character traits of the 'typical' Maserati owner (if there is one)?

And how do they differ from somebody who buys a sports car from another brands, say Ferrari/Porsche/Aston Martin?

I'd love to hear some opinions, they would really help me with my application for a job as a host at a car fair!

Thanks in advance!!
Maserati doesn't really make sports cars like Ferrari or Porsche. Maserati primarily makes grand tourers and sedans. If you want a profile of an owner, you would need to narrow it down more. An owner that buys a brand new $130K sedan is much different than one that buys a 10 year old $20K coupe.

New or used? Coupe or sedan?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
203 Posts
For a new Maserati owner... someone looking for a car fun to drive, semi-exotic, a capable daily driver, and pretty damn sexy! Quite the package.

I don't have a good image of Porsche so I refrain to comment there - but they do have high performance sports cars so... there is just a huge difference between the types of drivers there.

I actually think it's kind of hard to create a profile for the average car owner with most brands - we come from all walks of life with different interest. I personally was not into cars until I sat down in my GT S at the beginning of August 2011, now I've learned so much it isn't even funny!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Interesting question, but it's one that's sensless to answer. How do you avoid looking like a tool trying to characterize a diverse group of people. No one needs a Maserati but we all love them for slightly different reasons.

·
Registered
14 Posts
At a basic level I think one could there are two camps. There is the power and reliability camp (porsche, Ferrari, etc) and there is the passionate type (Maserati). For me I love the styling and the sound. The fact it is probably less reliable than a Porsche and not as fast straight lining it, is immaterial.
But you're right, probably not good to assess it ;)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Impossible to nail down. Probably a much bigger difference within the Maserati owner group than there is between Maserati, Ferrari, Porsche, ... owners as a whole. We are all car enthusiasts of one type or another or we would be driving Toyotas or Fords;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha alright thanks for the replies! I guess it's a bit of a stupid question to ask a person to put themselves in a box, but nonetheless the answers helped me a lot!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Each car represents a certain personality trait that we have an affinity for. I bought my gt cab knowing that it was fatter and slower than my modded turbo Porsche but couldn't be happier. I think of the Maserati as an exclusive chic, elegant, comfortable grand tourer with an incredible voice. I can relax in this car and enjoy the drive.

My Porsche is a purpose-built sports car. It never ever breaks, is blindingly fast (650 hp) and I consider it an agile, aggressive athlete. When I get in that car it begs to driven hard. It's not the car you take out to cruise or tour in. You can but every time you do your a inch away from hyperdrive, knowing your driving one of the fastest cars on the planet.

The Maserati is fine wine or aged cognac. The Porsche is pure alcohol. Both are intoxicating, but in very different ways. I'm just fortunate to own both in my garage and love them equally even if totally differently.

Oh, yeah and when I'm feeling playfull I take out the mini cooper s for a blast....

·
Registered
489 Posts
Tall, olive complected (sp?) and handsome..at least that what my girlfriend says...it also helps to have a little Italian blood in you as well.

Personally, I like to be different...which is why I purchased this piece of machinery.

Thank you,
Stephen

06 GS

·
Registered
73 Posts
Beauty vs. Beast?

I think those who buy Maseratis (and also Aston Martins) first and foremost are buying sheer beauty and elegance. Sure these grand tourers have enough muscle to back things up, but these cars are artwork! Picture an elegantly dressed couple going out for an evening of driving, dinner, and music.

I think those who buy Ferraris (also Porsches) first and foremost are buying performance and the latest and greatest race-bred technology. Some models are quite attractive, but not always. Picture a guy who is elegantly dressed, but has a racesuit and helmet in the trunk.

I think those who buy Italian (Ferraris and Maseratis) are looking for a soulful bespoke experience, perhaps at the expense of reliability. They understand the tradeoff -- Italian cars can be temperamental but the curves, engine notes, exhaust notes, smell of the leather -- All worth it!

I think those who buy German (Porsche) value reliability and the fact that a daily driver (except CGT) can also be a beast. Get in, fire it up, take off!

But any individual may have multiple persona which may vary over time.

DL

·
Registered
822 Posts
dlopez001

Sounds like a good description. Italian cars spark more emotion, but sometime practicality takes precedence.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Never had a Maserati until now. Never had people photograph my car until now!
Whenever she is parked at a hotel or shopping centre valet here in Dubai, complete strangers take her photo, whether I'm in her or not. I am both flattered and humbled. Not as if Dubai don't have a fair share of exotics.
Must be a true emotional link. She is the pearlescent white and does look fab, if I say so myself. If I knew how to load pictures......

·
Registered
353 Posts
My opinion of exotics car owners. I will use the bellcurve theory. (only applies to about 80% of owners)

Lambo - Guys that have very high yearly incomes, low net worth (low as opposed to their income and how much they could have) love attention, and want to be rockstars.

Maserati/Aston Martin/Bentley - Guys that have the same incomes as Lambo guys but have higher net worths (don't spend quite as much of their money). Guys who want something different that is unique but won't draw quite as much attention of the other exotic options.

Lotus - Guys who want something exotic sounding with moderate incomes and lower net worths who care about attention and all out performance. (Lambo on a budget)

Porsche - I think this is the broadest due to the boxster/cayman vs the 911 owners. So I'll stick to strictly 911 owners. Guys who have moderate to high incomes and net worth's are more in line with their incomes. Performance, reliability, and guys who want to put miles go for these. I truthfully believe that Porsche owners are as a whole the owners who have a passion to drive more than any other brand owner. On another note, I have never found a female who has found a 911 sexy, regardless of the model or year.

Ferrari - Guys that have the highest incomes of all exotics and the highest net worths. These guys like performance but style like the lambo guys is important. However attempting to be humble is important as well. Hence why we usually see younger sucessful guys in Lambos and older wealthy men in Ferraris.

Again this is my opinion. I have based this off my experience with meeting multiple owners of all of they above vehicles. No matter what profile you fit into if your driving any of these cars you have are happy and live a great life (again... bell curve :thumbsup: )

PS: I read somewhere the average income of a (New car purchase) Maserati owner was $600,000 a year, not sure how true this is and I'm sure 5% of owners are making that number go way up.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Nicely done Gigiti. Intuitively , I would agree.

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
600K is a big salary.
Definitely puts you in the top 1% and therefore makes you ineligible for all those great Occupy Wall Street gatherings.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts