Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again. Just wanted to give a thumbs up to Turtle Wax ICE polish. I tried their liquid ICE claybar and the ICE polish. I think it did a very nice job...maybe not to regular wax standards, but the advantage is it goes on and off very easily and minimal time spent. My coupe has to live outside, so I reckon I will polish her every few months? -Bob.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hi again. Just wanted to give a thumbs up to Turtle Wax ICE polish. I tried their liquid ICE claybar and the ICE polish. I think it did a very nice job...maybe not to regular wax standards, but the advantage is it goes on and off very easily and minimal time spent. My coupe has to live outside, so I reckon I will polish her every few months? -Bob.
clay bars are abrasive...don't do it too often :) maximum twice a year.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ice

Interesting as I have used both Ice Liquid Clay Bar and Polish and was disappointed. There's no comparison in my opinion to traditional mild clay as long as you us lots of detailer to lubricate to avoid any scratching. Yes it is more work but the results are worth it as it properly removes surface contaminents that a liquid product alone can not. As for the Ice Liquid Polish, it is very easy to use and gives noticeable results right away. But there is no durability to the shine - I've found it to fade fast. If you want a quick and very easy shine with real wax protection that has moderate durability, I recommend Black Magic Spray Wax. It is an aerosol wax. Sounds weird but give it a try and I am sure you'll get hooked like I did. You get the benefits of wax protection & shine while being super easy to apply, just wipe on, no need to buff and no white residue!

Good luck!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I used to detail cars and Ive tried every polish and wax out there.

I find nano wax by Eagle1 is the best.

use a mirco fiber applicator to apply wax and buff off with mirco fiber towels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts