Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Quattroporte GTS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I got a problem that no one can seem to understand.
My QP GTS had its serpentime belt broken while I was driving and I had to get it changed.
So i changed the belt and just in case had the battery changed as well. (Also changed oil and anti freeze)
The issue that I have is that everytime someone takes off the MAF sensors. They have to take it out and put it back like 20 times to get the turbos working.
This time im at a different mechanic and he cant seem to get them to work. I took it to another shop and they made it work until i went for a refuel, then they stopped working.
Is there a procedure for this issue? Like a code erasing or something because the check engine light is on.
And another issue i have is that the car wants to die when i come to a complete stop but picks itself right up. Could this be because of the new belt?
I dont have a Maze service where I live so this forum is pretty much what I got.

·
Registered
Blu Nettuno GranTurismo - Facelift Coupe CC
27 Posts
I believe the boost pressure sensor high fault is thrown by the delta (difference) between boost pressure and the MAF sensor. It may be that the MAF is reading lower than expected.
I would clean the contacts on the MAF and re-install.
...and perhaps monitor the boost / MAF readings from live ODB scan engine functions.

·
Registered
Blu Nettuno GranTurismo - Facelift Coupe CC
27 Posts
Its a 2014 model
@Archangel Could you help on how I can do it? I dont know which parts they are.
Thank you
the MAF connection should be relatively easy to unplug and clean the electrical contacts. It is on the air intake before the plenum.

I threw a serpentine belt in my coupe a few years back. It broke loose the secondary air pump and knocked around a lot of stuff on the way out. It is worth making a close detailed inspection of any connector that may have been hit by that belt. Especially the boost pressure sensor.

I can't find any info on that specific fault code.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts