Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been advised by my local Trident dealer that installing the midpipe will make the exhaust louder - and performance-wise, the GS will get another 12 horsepower. Anybody's done this and have seen the results/improvements?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Tubistyle midpipe

Lung7707 said:
1Turbo said:
vkeong said:
US$1000 installed
Not a Bad Price :D

I thought the GS has a Tubi Designed Exhaust.

Am i incorrect ?
Yes u are correct
and you are correct again one more time - the dealer is checking if the midpipe will fit the GS. BTW it wil not void the warranty as the Tubi folks are also the only folks authorized to sell Horses in Ontario, Canada.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
It would also be very helpful to have the car put on the dyno before and after to verify the +12 hp the dealer is telling you will get.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I too suggest a pre/post dyno...as I am a bit skeptical of 12hp from a midpipe...hopeful though..

From my prior tuning experince, gains can be had from say a Turbo equipped car, but any major hp is hard from a normally aspirated vehicle....I would assume they may use a mandrel bent type pipe perhaps of a bigger diameter? if so, 12hp is pretty major....

kinda like those kidz with their 4 door Hondas with loud mufflers thinking they now are driving a v8, loud noise doesn't mean more horses...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
demoe
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing