Maserati Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
There's only one Tubi for 4200/GS, aside from the OEM Tubi that comes with the GS.

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tubi for 4200

I am pretty sure there is only one for no option came up last year when I bought mine and had it installed. I love it and drive with the windows down when I can!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dont' mean to steal this thread but I recently went from 06 coupe 6spd to 06 Grandsport, and now selling the beautiful Tubi I had in my coupe.. I only had 1700 miles when I sold my coupe.. I have it on ebay (300329909277).. I would like to extend 10% off to MaseratiLife members off the reserve price... thanks John

·
Registered
996 Posts
Reviving this thread and will paste below Scuderia Systems' (Tubi's UK agent) description of the product...and yes, they do mention 2 versions:

Information on the Options
There are two options of exhaust system for your Maserati
- Tubi Normal
- Tubi Rumore (LOUD Version)

Both of these systems refer to two rear replacement Tubi mufflers - replacing the rear mufflers alone is as much as we would ever recommend as well - certainly to start off with. Some people have later requested Tubi mid pipes to replace the centre muffler but this is rarely done, as doing so increases the volume dramatically to the point where the whole car isn't just loud - it's uncomfortable.

The Normal system on the Maserati 4200 is awesome enough - essentially the system makes the car sound like a more muscular version of the V8 Ferrari F355. Tubi Style are mindful of the fact that this is a GT car that *may* be used everyday so although the sound is loud, it is still not deafening.... Their objective has been to make this Maserati sound like a Ferrari (the engine is a Ferrari one after all) so it's deep and throaty at low rpm developing into deeper more incredible V8 roar with a slight HOWL at high rpm. The sound SUITS the car and will not, like other brands, make the car irritating to drive on a daily basis.

It requires no invasive work to install - no cutting or conversion - bolt-on, bolt off fitment. It looks nicer too with slightly enlarged polished circular end tips which are internally perforated to hone the exhaust note a little further.

The loud version of the system really is quite aggressive and probably a bit too much for some owners. It's not wild or obnxious but it's always noisy, so order this if you are be dedicated to engine sounds, because the car is NEVER quiet - it sounds wonderful but do be sure you want a LOT of aggression if you order this system.
It will give the 4200 a small increase in BHP also - around about 12hp.. but you'll have to be a great driver to notice this!!

The system is fully grade 302 Inox stainless steel. Tubi Style manufacture the exhaust systems for the Ferrari F1 team. They're based in Maranello next to the Ferrari/Maserati plant and their products are actually sold through the Ferrari/Maserati dealer network in the USA, Canada, Germany, France and Italy. They supply Ferrari/Maserati with the more aggressive system fitted to the Maserati 4200 Gran Sport and the Ferrari 575M HGTC - in fact they do ALL of Ferrari/Maseratis competition work.

Tubi Style
Although there are many sports exhausts brands available for Maserati, no sports exhaust system is genuinely comparable to a Tubi Style. We are the suppliers to the factory MC12 Corsa team for their racing exhaust systems and manifolds - we even developed and built the systems for GranSport and GranTurismo and even the road going MC12 and are ourselves located in Modena, Italy and are actually dealer supplied/fitted options in the USA, Canada, France and most of Europe. To be honest, it's the closest thing to a "factory" Maserati sport exhaust system and we honestly think it's the best sounding exhaust in the world bar none.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
For those of us with Tubi's how do we know which version we have installed?

·
Vendor
4,731 Posts
The default is the Normal version, the LOUD model needed to be ordered that way. Other than knowing which you got at the time of order, I'm not aware of any markings to distinguish between the two.

FWIW, the LOUD model is quite rare and is very well.... LOUD

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had Tubi's on my Gransport for the last 6 months and it really increased the driving experience. The crackling, popping and overall sound is addictive!

I've always loved Tubi's. Had them on my 355 (with Tubi test pipes) and it sounded incredible.

FYI, my Tubi is now for sale (as is the Gransport). Time for something new. Both are listed in the classified's section. Please email me if interested. The Tubi is 6 months old and has less than 1,000 miles on it. Asking $2,650 obo (was about $3,600 new I believe). Am located in Orange County, CA.

I'm going to miss the GS, but it's time for my yearly rotation...

Edward
[email protected]
949 300 7050

1 - 15 of 15 Posts