Maserati Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks M! Got a mail today from Tubi stating that they make 2 versions for the latest QP: codeTSQPORTE05.003.A (normal) and code TSQPORTE05.003.AR (loud version). I am asking them to position the normal one on the scale between factory installed and the Loud Tubi since LeoNewland has a Coupe, not a QP but I guess it should be similar. When I have an answer I'll get back....

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
center X-pipe price

The center straight-through X-pipe from the Maserati QP Sport GT (see foto Mark- Maserati of Minapolis) costs 460Eu.....

·
Registered
291 Posts
JGT said:
Tubi's (swiss, M! etc): is your Tubi also relatively much louder under partial load between 2000-3000rpm and relatively much "quieter" between 3400-4500 ??? So basically is it my Tubi or are it all tubi's and they are just not my piece of cake?
Yes my tubi is very loud between 2000 and 3000 rpm (low frequencies, resonance). So is use my car differently! My last car was unusable in Auto mode because of that. But today I have a stick and I am trained... more than 100'000 with a Tubi!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Been looking into Fuschs. (edited:Fush has told me they do NOT make the OEM mufflers for the QP). They have 2 replacement versions for the QP S-version and SS-version (SS=supersound = loud). It are beautifull polished stainles steel mufflers and actually the shape is the same then stock (foto).

Fuchs also makes exhaust for the coupe in 3 versions: TUV approved (silent), S-and SS-version. And they have a straight-through center x-pipe replacement for the coupe/gransport (foto attached).

Does anybody have experience with Fuchs?

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Just came off the phone with the local Tubi guy and they found a solution for my situation. I am getting the standard Tubi and will have to pay some very reasonable extra. Very happy with that service. Once I have it on I let you guys know how this old man loved by his neightbours likes the new Tubi ;) . Thanks for all the feedback and info.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Tubi fire-sale

The new Standard Tubi for my QP is on its way. Meanwhile I am able to sell the "used" (<2 weeks installed; 800km) Sport Tubi for a 2005 QP at an excellent price! I don't have an idea on transport costs but even then it could be a real steal. If anybody is interested send me a PM. It was too loud for me but many do like it that way........

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Standard Tubi Installed

Yep it's installed and the standard Tubi is exactly what I wanted! No resonance at slow speeds but a beatiful sporty sound. Thanks for all the feedback and ideas. It sounds very nice at idle and slow speed (without being over the top) and sings louder under WOT. According to the numbers it's right in the middle between stock and the Sport Tubi:

Stock Tubi Standard Tubi Sport
Startup 75dbA 93dbA N/A
Idle 70dbA 78dbA 84dbA
reved to 3000rpm 83dbA 97dbA N/A
reved to 5000rpm 94dbA 103dbA 110dbA

all measured with SPL meter A-weighted at 1meter from exhaust in the middle and with the car at operating temperature. Measured cold the sSPL increases several dB. Now for those who want it louder I am still selling the SPort Tubi at an excellent price. As you know barely used!!!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts