Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people..

Any clue from where I can get tubi? with a good price?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maserati of minneapolis; how much the tubi exhaust you got out there ?

·
Registered
835 Posts
I was quoted from a tuner for 3K but went with FM dealership. Dealerships are more expensive but didn't want to risk warranty.

·
Registered
30 Posts
haha

I was quoted around $4000.00 from FM of Orange County. Thats expensive! Do you feel you're car is quicker that before the Tubi. I understand the sound is a lot nicer but have never heard an example.
Thanks
Lar :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
That's where I had it installed. Talk to chas, he might be able to give you the same deal he gave me. No significant performance increase as far as i can tell. Since I didn't have it dyno'd can't validate tubistyle's claim of 3-5% boost. The car is a lot smoother and cambio is more responsive, especially in sport mode. :D :D :D :D :D :D only a tiny tiny tiny bit of disappointment.. IT IS TOO LOUD (i've got the racing one, it comes in 3 modes std, mid and race)

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've got the racing one, it comes in 3 modes std, mid and race
I did not know that... I gotta find out which I'm being offered.
I want mine louder than loud!!! not just vroooom nor vrooooooom but VROOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
I want mine louder than loud!!! not just vroooom nor vrooooooom but VROOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!
and I want my mazdarati to zoom zoom...hahaha

Anyhoot, it's expensive but it's worth it.

·
Registered
909 Posts
We generally price ours with install, however if you are interested in ordering them through us, I can certainly get you some quotes with shipping. Due to the current exchange rates, they are slightly more expensive now than in the past, however a set for the Spyder or Coupe runs $3050 for a customer in house. Additional shipping to you shouldn't be horrendous, as our parts department ships enough with UPS that we get a decent break on the big stuff.

Let me know if you are interested. You can contact me directly as well at [email protected]

- Mark

·
Registered
113 Posts
haha said:
i've got the racing one, it comes in 3 modes std, mid and race)
That's the first I've heard of multiple models for the Maserati. AFIK, there's only one - I stopped by Tubi-Style USA in Holland, Michigan and Franc didn't say anything about choosing between types...

·
Registered
835 Posts
That's the first I've heard of multiple models for the Maserati. AFIK, there's only one - I stopped by Tubi-Style USA in Holland, Michigan and Franc didn't say anything about choosing between types...
you might wanna try tubistyle again... i am certain there are different versions of "silencer". I am certain there's a silenced silencer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am actually using a Tubi full racing exhaust system as well. Please take note that only the back box is changed and it does not include the downpipes whatsoever.

From my point of view, if you really want to change from your standards to a set of tubis. Just go for the full racing ones. They are reasonably loud but not so till they become to intrusive. Cabin noise is also rather quiet.

My Tubi exhaust only sounds the loudest in the lower revs. Once past 4000 rev, the exhaust is noticeably quieter, which makes it comfortable to travel long distances.

Car doesnt really seem faster, but i must admit that it feels alot smoother when shifting gears and possibly more responsive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Will take a video clip with the sound if any of you guys are interested.

Some of my friends have installed the "quieter" tubis and they are really regretting it now, cos it doesnt sound very differenct from the standard ones. Not worth spending so much money and then not making a difference right?

If any of you guys in London want contacts to buy a set of tubi exhaust. I can also provide you with my contacts. Have bought several from them. They provide rather good service and prices.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Interesting, guys. Thanks for the correction. I wonder which model I have? :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
A set of Tubis for my baby are on their way :D
I ordered them last week from [email protected] at www.carobu.com and got a pretty good deal.

After reading haha comments I asked and Vince said he only stocked the non silenced version of the racing type and that if I wanted the silenced type he would have to special order for me. He also said that is the case in most of the US sold Tubis, so Brad... I believe you must also have the racing not silenced version.

But, if there is none to very little noticeable difference performance wise then... why would anybody want a "silenced version" :?:

·
Registered
113 Posts
PacoSaca said:
He also said that is the case in most of the US sold Tubis, so Brad... I believe you must also have the racing not silenced version.
Yup, I'd agree. The Tubi's sound wonderful on our Spyder. Definitely much louder than stock.

A 'car guy' friend was at a local car show and heard our car coming down the street on the way to the show. Six months later he came up to me and said that "was the sweetest sounding car he's ever heard, bar none."

Pretty good testimonial.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does tubi exhaust offer any replacement options for QPs? :?:
I cannot seem to find it on the websites. :roll: :roll:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts