Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Maserati lovers: I own a 2006 Gransport MC Victory edition. I have modified the suspension with the FD sway bars and springs and I am very happy with the track performance improvements, as with the stock springs and sway bars I was sliding all over Lime Rock. My question is the following one: Is there a Tubi exhaust for the Gransport? (not the 4.2 Coupe) On the Tubi web site it says it is not available, it is only available for the Coupe. I also have read that the stock Gransport exhaust is a Tubi. Is there a difference between the stock Gransport exhaust and the Tubi they sell for the 4.2 Coupe? I am looking for an even louder exhaust than the stock Gransport.
Thanks,
Claudio

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a TUBI for the Gransport. It is an after market part, ie it is NOT standard. The sound is very "F1" between 2000-3000rpm (VERY loud induction noise) then it warbles under hard acceleration. I am satisfied with it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Russian GS Dude! So all that Stock Tubi on the Gransport talk is BS?
I am happy with the sound the stock GS exhaust makes but a bit louder, more aggressive tone would make me very happy. Is the 4.2 Coupe Tubi the same as the one they sell for the GS?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The stock is also made by Tubi, but more restrictive, with a lower sound.

The one on the Tubi site for Coupe (4200) is the one you need.

But the sound is not "a little louder"... it's waaay louder.

·
Registered
439 Posts
If you want an aggressive lower pitch rumble, (louder than stock) go with the Tubi.
For a more high pitch F1 Ferrari sound, they say the Larini will satisfy this note.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts