Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Coupe Cambiocorsa here in El Salvador...

...and have been thinking in buying to the tubi exhausts, I wanted to ask you guys what can I expect after the change...???

Thanks in advance for your replies...

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's a Beaut !!! :D

Click on the Thread below regarding Exhausts(started by Sean)

Rick(Sunburn) has a Wav File that is AWESOME !!!

His Spyder sounds like a F1 !!!

PM Rick if you have any ? about his Custom Exhaust. He has Step by Step instructions available on another Site. If his Spyder was an ' 03, i'd Buy it !
Assuming of course it's For Sale.

CONGRATS on your Maser 8)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I believe as stated above Rick's system is custom made and may sound a bit different than the tubi (albeit very nice). Here is a link for an actual tubi mounted unto the masereti and it will make your spine tingle.
I'm looking for one myself, love to do what Rick did but can't find a good muffler shop in Phoenix.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Click on the Thread Titled : What are the Exhaust Sound Improvements for a CC.
It is 4 or 5 Threads below this 1.

STARDOC forgot to Post his Link. :(

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi ya again guys... sorry for taking so long to come back but I had to work a bit to help pay for the new toy.

After reading your kind replies I take it the tubi's main attraction is the sound.
Let me tell yuo that the sound is what initially made me fall in love with this car. It was February 18th. of this year and I had traveled to Miami to attend the Miami International Boat Show and also visit my son (he goes to Lynn University in Boca Raton) and I was driving his car (BMW 325 coupe) on US1 when all of a sudden I hear a car calling me vrrroooom vrrroooooooooom vrrrroooooooooooooom hey Paco... looka hea!!! sure enough I turned around and immediately
my eyes popped out and dropped my jaw... it was
at first sound.

Back in El Salvador I had been working on a special order of a 911-S but had not closed the deal yet when a friend told me that there was a brand new Maserati at the dealership here, he said they had brought for an autoshow one year ago and they had not been able to sell it (not that many crazy people buying a car like this here) so I contacted them... had a test drive... and my love grew!!! after driving it I did not wanted to let that baby out of my sight for nothing in this world but thankfully I managed to keep my cool and got a real good deal on it.

When I bought it, the owner of the dealership told me that they would need the car back for a day to do a software upgrade because of erratic cold start... nothing much but the car was a bit jumpy and used to make a strange noise when cold. This is only the third Maserati ever in Salvadoran soil, there are two older ones... a Bi-Turbo and a Shamal so the dealership is not up to date with equipment and qualified mechanics so they flew in an Italian mechanich with the Maserati computer from Venezuela to do the up-grade. I took the car to the dealership and drove it in myself (nobody but me drives that car) and stayed at the shop during the whole process... after it was done I started the car and the engine ran really smooth... we went for a test drive and I felt the vrrooooooom that I loved so much was gone... it has a sound but not nearly as beautiful as the sound that called my name that day in February on US1...

...sooooooooo, after this long story the reason for my post is I WANT MY BABY TO SING AS IT USED TO SING BEFORE!!!
can you guys please help this poor soul...???
is the tubi the answer to all my wishes...???
or should I go with Rick's custom exhaust...???
does Rick's modifications require much work...???
please remember that although we do have very cheap workmanship here in El Salvador I'm affraid the work would be kinda cheap... it has to be something to work outside the car and then installed for me to trust...

Thanks again for your advice guys!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Last week, my car was at the mechanic the 110'000km service, the dealer gave me a Spyder / Tubi with "only" 7000 km. Big surprise the sound of my old Coupé is a lot louder than the young Spyder !!!
I will try this week-end to record other small movies of my car in motion... Tubi is a MUST for a Maserati !!! By the way STARDOC this is my car on your link !

·
Registered
242 Posts
SWISS, beautiful color and awsome sound. I know that there are 3 levels of TUBI exhausts, the loudest being the race version which is supposed to be outright crude in sound. Which version is yours??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts